The story of Mimi’s started with people; Arthur J. Simms was inspired by the beauty, foods and flavor of France and a woman he met there named Mimi. Today at Mimi’s we embody this inspiration and we strive to provide the same warmth and sincerity that one would welcome a guest into their home with. At Mimi's, our Associates are the most important resource in our service commitment to our Guests. By applying the 'Three Standards of Excellence' and embracing our values of trust, teamwork, respect integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each individual and the Company. Mimi's fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced individual career aspirations are fulfilled and Mimi's continued success is celebrated by all.
When you work for Mimi’s, you become family!
The Shift Leader (SL) is responsible for executing the highest standards of shift performance against the established operational guidelines. The Shift Leader works with fellow teammates and management staff to continually improve, communicate, and execute shift objectives. Additional responsibilities include assisting the management team in maximizing the financial success of the restaurant through ensuring productive shifts. Shift Leader leads by example, motivates the crew, takes initiative and delivers legendary hospitality to all guests by acting with a guest first mentality, connecting with the guest, and enhancing the guest experience.
Mimi’s Café’s are operated in accordance with all relevant local, state and Federal laws and guidelines, as well as according to the ‘Best Brand Builders’ that are our operating principles. The Shift Leader must be proficient in all aspects of the day to day restaurant operations to ensure that these standards are met.
Given the rapid pace in the restaurant environment, if the General Manager and Assistant Manager are not available, the Shift Leader must be able to exercise independent judgment in a wide variety of situations, both in the restaurant and in interactions with the teammates, regional and restaurant support staff and outside personnel. The Shift Leader is the on-site ‘ambassador’, working to make sure that the decisions made are in the best interest of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Arrives to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of the company. Portrays a favorable image of the company at all times.
- Role models and lives the company core values and principles.
- Encourages feedback from guests to improve guest experience and elevate the guest service. Ensures effective communication between guest, managers, and employees.
- Models professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, hospitable and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages people to do their BEST. Demonstrates respect and courtesy to all employees.
- Open and responsive to feedback and coaching.
- Able to make tough decisions and have productive conflict.
- Lives and abides by our standards of the code of conduct.
- Identifies current teammates to be cross-trained or developed for the next level positions
- Participates in community activities and local store restaurant marketing programs.
- Occasionally assist with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, cook’s line, etc), as needed. This type of work should not take more than 10% of the Hospitality Manager’s time. (All state and federal labor laws apply). Demonstrates knowledge of menu items and maintains company standards for quality food; serves only food that meets standards
- Role models recognition and Guest First Mentality
- Communicates timely and effectively to teammates daily.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring and training teammates in both FOH and BOH
- Trains and promotes suggestive selling techniques to enhance the guest experience.
- Maximizes table turnover, sales per guest, and sales per hour.
- Conducts table visits and talks to guests to ensure guest satisfaction; investigating and resolving food quality / service issues. Responding to guest inquiries and complaints swiftly.
- Contributes to the restaurant’s sales goals and GLI scores
- Responsible for ensuring fair and effective scheduling
- Demonstrates working knowledge of bar procedures and recipes
- Effectively manages the restaurant within the policies and company guidelines while ensuring 100% guest satisfaction at all times.
- Completes daily opening and closing checklists and ensures the restaurant meets Mimi’s standards.
- Monitors food presentation, quality and conducts required daily line checks.
- Controls day-to-day operations and profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing food and labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Management of food, labor, paper and other controllable costs. Controlling food costs by following recipes and portion control.
- Understands, adhering, and ensuring OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety, sanitation, and security policies and procedures are met and followed by all employees.
- Enforces safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and teammates.
- Uses systems and processes to monitor daily activities that ensure quality food, service and cleanliness standards.
- Ensure proper rotation and sanitation procedures are followed.
- Demonstrates strong floor and window practices that meet Mimi’s certification standards.
- Enforces proper use and maintenance of restaurant facility and equipment.
- Ensures all employees are complying with company standards and state and federal liquor laws for serving alcoholic beverages, including but not limited to, requesting that guests present a valid form of ID and are 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol.
- Adheres and ensures all employees are adhering to alcohol awareness procedures for preventing guest intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guest.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action in which may be taken.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum team member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Handles guest complaints with tact and professionalism, turning dissatisfied guests into raving fans.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
We participate in E-Verify, a program run by the US government that confirms your work authorization, based on the information that you provide on your Form I-9. For more information, click the links below.
Poster (EN); Poster (SP); Right to Work (EN); Right to Work (SP)