Gourmet Cuisine, a food products manufacturer for more than 29 years, specializes in the customization of outstanding soups, sauces and salad dressings for Le Duff America (the parent company of la Madeleine French Bakery & Café and Mimi’s Café), other restaurant companies, wholesale club stores, and custom retailers. Using the freshest ingredients, sourced locally when possible, Gourmet Cuisine is committed to setting and maintaining the highest standards in food product quality and food safety.
Position: Food Production Manager
Location: Gourmet Cuisine Production Facility, Mesquite, Texas
Date: February, 2018
The Food Production Manager has the overall responsibility for the performance for our Gourmet Cuisine production plant. The role directs and coordinates all aspects of production from the processing of raw materials to the shipment of the finished goods. This includes, but is not limited to: production, quality, warehouse, sanitation and safety. The position reports to the General Manager of Plant Operations and is a full-time, exempt, salaried role.
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate the production of high quality, safe and cost-effective product.
• Provide leadership to create an environment committed to quality, food safety, team member safety, and positive team member relations.
• Monitor all operations to evaluate yields, efficiency, labor utilization, and product quality.
• Take corrective action as necessary to ensure continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
• Prepare and maintain a variety of daily data for production metrics and analysis.
• Ensure production and labor costs comply with approved budgets. Provide input and feedback for future forecasts and plant operations budget.
• Actively pursue opportunities that will improve plant’s cost position.
• Develop and implement methods of achieving plant goals within established parameters.
• Meet with outside vendors as needed.
• Promote a safe work place, ensure compliance with safety policies and address hazards.
• Maintain and enforce safety training.
• Enforce consistent, fair, and inclusive employment practices. Collaborate with Plant General Manager and Production Supervisors to administer company policies and procedures, address labor needs, and resolve staffing issues.
• Communicate and monitor specific expectations for supervision and team members.
• Ensure compliance with GMP, SQF, HACCP, SOP, EEO, OSHA, USDA, FDA or other applicable regulations.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationship with USDA representatives, auditors, suppliers and other management members.
• Manage 2 Plant Supervisors and up to approximately 50 team production members.
• Carry out supervisory duties in accordance with company, local, State and Federal regulations.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates, planning, assigning, and directing work, performance appraisals, rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing employee issues and resolving problems, coaching, team building and development of plant employees.
• Communicating on a daily basis with Plant General Manager.
• Perform other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Gourmet Cuisine’s business objectives.
• At least eight (8) years of related experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment.
• Supervisory experience, team building and leadership skills.
• Strong knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, and Food & Safety Practices.
• Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, USDA, FDA and OSHA.
• Knowledge of safe behaviors.
• Ability to work flexible shifts or extended hours, as needed.
• Skilled in the development of team members.
• Experience in implementing continuous improvement principles.
• Results oriented.
• Detail oriented, with concern for food quality and food safety.
• Customer Service attitude.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with change.
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish speaking skills are a plus.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel
• High School diploma or GED; Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred