The story of Mimi’s started with people; Arthur J. Simms was inspired by the beauty, foods and flavor of France and a woman he met there named Mimi. Today at Mimi’s we embody this inspiration and we strive to provide the same warmth and sincerity that one would welcome a guest into their home with. At Mimi's, our Associates are the most important resource in our service commitment to our Guests. By applying the 'Three Standards of Excellence' and embracing our values of trust, teamwork, respect integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each individual and the Company. Mimi's fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced individual career aspirations are fulfilled and Mimi's continued success is celebrated by all.
When you work for Mimi’s, you become family!
Gourmet Cuisine, a food products manufacturer for more than 29 years, specializes in the customization of outstanding soups, sauces and salad dressings for restaurant companies (including la Madeleine & Mimi's Cafe), retailers, and other food service providers. Using the freshest ingredients, sourced locally when possible, Gourmet Cuisine is committed to setting and maintaining the highest standards in food product quality and food safety.
Position: Food Production Supervisor
Location: Gourmet Cuisine Production Facility, Mesquite, Texas
Date: February, 2018
The Food Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuing all employees are working in accordance with the Gourmet Cuisine production, quality, safety and housekeeping procedures and policies. This person oversees and coordinates completion of the manufacturing process to ensure that cost effectiveness, manufacturability, quality, delivery and safety requirements are being met in the production process. The position reports to the Production Manager, and is a full-time, exempt, salaried role.
• Create, verify or modify and follow the production schedule as stated.
• Evaluate and plan production schedules and prepare resources to ensure customer demands are met. Ensure that the production line has the necessary employees to perform accordingly.
• Distribute work among the team members based on their talent and abilities.
• Manage the production staff and processes in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and ensure that the team is following all safety procedures. This includes supervising, planning and directing production staff to produce quality products at the lowest cost per unit.
• Ensure that all products are manufactured according to the formula instructions and are packaged and labeled correctly.
• Provide leadership and direction to employees by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing policies, and procedures.
• Train and motivate line employee to achieve production goals.
• Champion all safety initiatives and safety training for production employees.
• Establish and maintain customer relationships. Communicate with customers as needed.
• Handle routine issues in regard to employee relations.
• Handle shift production documentation and ensure that it is accurate and timely.
• Assist with reviewing employee time sheets and hours. Document employee absences.
• At least five (5) years of related experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment.
• Supervisory experience and leadership skills.
• Strong knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, and Food & Safety Practices.
• Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, USDA, FDA and OSHA.
• Knowledge of safe behaviors.
• Ability to work flexible shifts, as needed.
• Skilled in the development of team members.
• Experience in implementing continuous improvement principles.
• Results oriented.
• Detail oriented.
• Customer Service attitude.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with change.
• Bi-lingual speaking skills are a plus.
• High School diploma or GED.