Le Duff America is the U.S. affiliate of French-based Groupe Le Duff. Groupe Le Duff started with a single French café-bakery in Brest, France in 1977. It quickly grew into an international corporate and franchised family of restaurants centered around authentic French fare.
Today, the combined Le Duff Family of brands is recognized as the largest bakery-café company in the world. LDA currently owns and operates a number of North American café brands totaling over 525 units, which include la Madeleine Country French Café, Mimi’s Café, Bruegger’s Bagels, Brioche Dorée and other brands.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
TITLE: Sr. Software Engineer
DEPT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director of Enterprise and Technology
DATE: February, 2018
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for the technical design, architecture and delivery of ETL-based integrations and BI solutions that enhance data flows between disparate operational systems and the enterprise databases. This position interacts with various internal business units and the technology team to discover and translate business requirements, design, build, and maintain data models, assist with complex reporting, and dashboards in various projects. Responsible for developing dependable, well thought out integrations and applying subject matter expertise (Data Discovery, Data Modeling, and appropriate solution delivery) to provide the business units with the tools and data representations that will help attain strategic goals for those business units and the organization. Design, develop, deploy and support various integrations and applications, utilizing the Microsoft SQL stack, including SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI. Perform ad-hoc analysis and support business owners to identify performance trends.
• Work with internal constituents to understand business requirements and goals, and help capture the strategy, content, and features for layout of our reporting environments.
• Lead efforts for enterprise projects through entire project lifecycle; Lead analysis, architecture, design and development of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions; Analyze data sources, requirements and business rules, perform logical and physical data modeling, write prototype SQL to prove data transforms, write specs for ETL development, implement and test database design.
• Design, develop, deploy, maintain, monitor, and tune ESB and ETL solutions to incrementally load Enterprise Data Warehouse and other ERP systems, populate summary data structures, analysis cubes and Enterprise reporting systems.
• Work with cross functional teams to collect requirements, analyze, identify critical metrics and KPIs and design reporting solutions to meet business needs.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and support business owners to identify performance trends.
REQUIRED SKILLS, WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Approximately 8 years of experience with business intelligence solutions architecture, design, and development, and enterprise reporting solutions. Proficiency with Microsoft tools including SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Visual Studio and/or Business Intelligence Development Studio, Excel Analytical Services, Microsoft Power BI.
• Expert experience in designing and developing SSIS ETL routines.
• Tabular Modeling experience including SSAS cube development, fluent in MDX/DAX, Power BI and SSRS.
• Proven experience architecting, building and delivering enterprise reporting and business intelligence solutions.
• Professional experience with high performance T-SQL development methodologies; Strong knowledge of SQL Server programming practices with solid SQL optimization and relational database knowledge. Or Technical Specialization in: SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services and other related technologies.
• Strong background in Data Warehousing principles and Data Modeling, specifically design and delivery of star-schema based data marts.
• Must be detail-oriented data analysis expert with deep knowledge of relational database structures.
• An understanding of Excel PowerPivot, Power Query, Power View, PowerPivot Galleries, and SharePoint integration around MS BI tools.
• Ability to perform well under pressure, with ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques.
• Excellent analysis, development and requirements gathering skills.
• Outstanding communication skills (oral, written, presentation) and excellent verbal communication skills.
• Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with strict attention to accuracy and detail, and the ability to evolve data into knowledge
• Strong software development life cycle experience from requirements definition to design to development to testing to deployment with skills in documentation, IT processes, and leading.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Technical field preferred.
• Work is completed in a general office environment.
• 90% work on a computer.
Le Duff America offers Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401(K) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Meal Discounts and many other employee benefits.