The story of Mimi’s started with people; Arthur J. Simms was inspired by the beauty, foods and flavor of France and a woman he met there named Mimi. Today at Mimi’s we embody this inspiration and we strive to provide the same warmth and sincerity that one would welcome a guest into their home with. At Mimi's, our Associates are the most important resource in our service commitment to our Guests. By applying the 'Three Standards of Excellence' and embracing our values of trust, teamwork, respect integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each individual and the Company. Mimi's fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced individual career aspirations are fulfilled and Mimi's continued success is celebrated by all.
When you work for Mimi’s, you become family!
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Service Manager (a.k.a. Assistant Manager) reports directly to his/her General Manager and secondarily to the Director of Operations. The Service Manager position supervises approximately 35-60+ hourly Associates at his/her respective Café. The Service Manager is ultimately responsible for the daily operations of the Café, mainly overseeing the front of the house, to ensure all Company/Guest Standards are flawlessly executed according to Company policies, procedures, programs (i.e. ENCORE) and systems.
Additionally, the Service Manager is responsible for maximizing profitability margins by reducing waste and controlling costs, securing Café funds and assets, hiring, training and developing the staff in both technical and leadership skills, and ensuring the Café operates in a productive and efficient manner while fulfilling Mimi’s Standards of Excellence.
The Service Manager is expected to create a positive and productive work environment at the Café level as well as build strong professional relationships and effective network affiliations within the Community. The Service Manager is expected to be outgoing, personable, and have the ability to engage with all Guests. Likewise, he/she must develop and maintain strong Associate relation skills and possess high operational Standards of Excellence.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of the company. Portrays a favorable image of the company at all times.
- Ability to read Guests’ needs and fulfill them.
- Displays a positive and outgoing demeanor that is very engaging and effective with Guests.
- Initiates Guest feedback to ensure their satisfaction (product quality, service, cleanliness).
- Challenges Associates by creating reward based programs to increase their performance and sales.
- Analyzes Marketforce/Mystery Shop data, along with other Guest metrics, and creates effective action plans to improve Guest Experience and Associate performance.
- Ensures FOH Associates are consistently executing ENCORE performance steps.
- Ensures FOH Associates adhere to all check in/out procedures.
- Trains and promotes suggestive selling techniques to enhance the Guest experience and increase sales.
- Maximizes table turnover by managing sales per Guest and sales per hour.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates, planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work as needed.
- Responsible for managing, communicating and executing Company Performance Based Schedules in an equitable manner.
- Coaches and mentors Associates to ensure all standards, practices and job expectations are fulfilled according to his/her respective position.
- Models professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, hospitable and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages Excellence. Demonstrates respect and courtesy to all Associates.
- Occasionally assists with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, cook’s line, etc), as needed. This type of work should not take more than 10% of the Service Manager’s time. (All state and federal labor laws apply).
- Ensures the Manager’s office is well organized and secured at all times.
- Ensures all Associates adhere to Company Cash Handling Procedures and assets are properly secured in safe.
- Thoroughly audits Associate Payroll in TMx and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Ensures all required files/documents are organized and sent in weekly package to Corporate.
- Responsible for engaging Guests, throughout his/her shift, to ensure service and quality standards are being met. Manages Guest concerns with tact and professionalism and fulfills their requests to their satisfaction.
- Manages day to day food, labor, paper and other controllable costs. Controlling food costs by following recipes and portion control.
- Ensures OSHA requirements, health and safety codes, and company safety, sanitation, and security policies and procedures are met and followed by all Associates.
- Enforces proper use and maintenance of restaurant facility and equipment. Also, he/she is responsible for proactively reporting all facility maintenance needs to his/her respective Manager.
- Ensures all Associates comply with State/Federal liquor laws as it pertains to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with company Associates and Managers (outside the Café) to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that is conducive to maximum morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This list is not intended to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Dressed in proper dress code requirements, looking neat, clean and professional at all times
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, POS, etc…)
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal liquor laws
Knowledge of all safety, sanitation and administrative procedures
Strong analytical/problem solving skills
Exceptional team building capability
High School Diploma or equivalent
Prior leadership experience preferred
2-3 years of prior management experience in a family or casual dining restaurant is preferred
College and/or culinary schooling preferred
- Must be 21 years of age
Mimi’s is committed to principles of equal opportunity for all job applicants and Associates. The Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disability or known medical condition of an applicant or Associate, consistent with its legal obligations. The Company also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with any disabled applicant or Associate to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodation. Applicants and Associates are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek or occupy by contacting the Human Resources Department (855-468-4608).
We participate in E-Verify, a program run by the US government that confirms your work authorization, based on the information that you provide on your Form I-9. For more information, click the links below.
Poster (EN); Poster (SP); Right to Work (EN); Right to Work (SP)