The story of Mimi’s started with people; Arthur J. Simms was inspired by the beauty, foods and flavor of France and a woman he met there named Mimi. Today at Mimi’s we embody this inspiration and we strive to provide the same warmth and sincerity that one would welcome a guest into their home with. At Mimi's, our Associates are the most important resource in our service commitment to our Guests. By applying the 'Three Standards of Excellence' and embracing our values of trust, teamwork, respect integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each individual and the Company. Mimi's fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced individual career aspirations are fulfilled and Mimi's continued success is celebrated by all.
When you work for Mimi’s, you become family!
Gourmet Cuisine, Inc. is a “chef prepared” manufacturer for more than 27 years, specializing in the customization of outstanding soups, sauces and dressings for Le Duff America, the parent company of la Madeleine French Bakery & Café and Mimi’s Café. Additionally, GCI creates products for some of the largest retailers and club stores in the country.
Using the freshest ingredients, sourced locally when possible, Gourmet Cuisine is committed to setting and maintaining the highest standards in food product quality and food safety.
Position: Production Planning/Scheduling Coordinator-Mesquite, TX
Location: Gourmet Cuisine Production Facility, Mesquite, Texas
Date: May, 2018
The Production Planning/Scheduling Coordinator role requires an understanding of food manufacturing and production processes. This understanding will translate from customer purchase order requirements to ultimately an efficient production plan that ensures maximum plant efficiency. This position will develop and utilize forecasting models to assist in the planning. This role will work closely with the Customer Service Coordinator, Plant Operations and Purchasing to ensure the ultimate efficiency and customer service levels.
This position is a 40-hour/week, full-time, non-exempt role.
- Learn and maintain a thorough understanding of the company products and the manufacturing processes used by the plant.
- Develop weekly production plans that balance order requirements and the most efficient operations plan/utilization. Develop forecasts for future weeks.
- Conduct weekly production scheduling meetings to review previous production performance and gain alignment around future production requirements.
- Develop and communicate daily production plans to all departments and keep staff informed of any changes or updates as needed.
- Develop daily production plans that effectively manage labor and enable plant efficiency targets to be achieved.
- Develop plant performance metrics that encompass planned vs. actual reporting of production.
- Update systems to reflect accurate data of finished goods on a daily basis to ensure visibility and planning is effective.
- Incorporate and develop new item startup plans into planning horizons.
- Analyze and review manufacturing run sizes and communicate opportunities to improve the balance of cost and service among raw materials, conversion and finished goods.
- Maintain open communication and effective working relationships with all related team members including Accounting, QA, Production, Purchasing, Customer Service, etc.
- Experience in developing and working with spreadsheet analytical tools
- PC skills to include MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access preferred
- Experience in continuous improvement processes
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communications & interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated problem solver able to work in a team environment in a positive manner and utilize sound judgment
- Prefer 3 years of relevant food manufacturing plant scheduling experience
- Prefer experience in a fresh food manufacturing enviroment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Prefer at least 2 year certificate from college
- Moderate to high noise levels
- Extreme heat / cold and or wet, dry, humid conditions
- Electric and other baking equipment or utensils
- Hot water, cold water, cleaning chemicals