TITLE: IT Digital Solutions Manager
DEPT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director of IT Digital Solutions
DATE: December, 2017
POSITION PURPOSE & JOB SUMMARY
The IT Digital Solutions Manager acts as the lead role in all LDA Bakery/Cafe Digital Solutions including Off-Premise ordering solutions (catering), Loyalty programs, CRM and CMS platforms and other systems that comprise the LDA “digital ecosystem,” along with associated upstream reporting and cloud solutions. The position supports and assists with the selection, integration, implementation, evolution, and delivery of solutions that run within the LDA Brand Bakery/Cafes, in the cloud, and across the enterprise including guest facing technologies. The role will also include evaluating and assisting with selection of vendor solutions, working closely with each vendor to evolve their product platform, driving the seamless integration between the solutions, and the system architecture on which enterprise solutions are delivered. The position assists with training and leadership to IT and field technicians and partners with solutions engineers to plan, execute, manage, maintain, and finalize projects from beginning to end according to deadlines and budgetary parameters while minimizing impact to service and the guest experience.
• Ensure seamless product integrations between the various LDA digital solutions and other solutions to which digital solutions are required to integrate [e.g. Aloha POS].
• Assist with the selection, integration, implementation, evolution, and delivery of solutions that run within the LDA Bakery Cafes, in the cloud, and across the enterprise including guest facing technologies. Evaluate and select vendor solutions, work closely with each to evolve their product platform, drive the seamless integration between the solutions, and responsible for the system architecture on which enterprise solutions are delivered.
• Lead the team to learn each solution in order to fully represent the business users’ needs and to assist in providing product support and roadmap enhancements.
• Identify and submit needed digital solution strategies that are innovative and leverage product platform capabilities.
• Lead best-in-class processes that align with software development life cycle (SDLC) for managing projects, collecting business requirements, testing changes, change management, and go-live of new systems.
• Manage vendor relationships and conduct weekly partnership calls to stay abreast of product strategies and upcoming releases and product roadmap. Influence vendor product roadmaps to ensure that business needs are addressed.
• Translate business requirements into technical solutions that align with core IT principles and long-term strategies that may include the implementation of tightly integrated platforms, leveraging cloud infrastructure, and outsourcing to strategic partners where reasonable.
• Analyze and gather user requirements, review system capabilities, and make recommendations on system, hardware, procedure, and configuration changes.
• Coordinate testing, resource allocations for tasks and projects, meetings, status updates, and presentations and prepare accurate and timely reports and communicate the status of systems and projects to team members and stakeholders.
• Responsible for piloting, installation, maintenance, upgrade and support of existing software, and technical support for solutions that operate within the LDA “digital ecosystem”.
• Document solutions, implementation procedures, and troubleshooting processes. May act as project manager on one or more projects.
• Deliver the design, architecture, testing, pilot test, and completion of all projects within time and budget guidelines, while minimizing impact to service and the guest experience.
• Evaluate systems and organization needs and recommend changes for current and future projects.
• Direct project team members (i.e., vendor partners, Solutions Engineers, QA Testers, Systems Engineers) through instructional documentation, team collaboration meetings, and training and prepare accurate and timely reports and communicate the status of projects to team members and project managers
• Work closely with operations and end users to develop integrated solutions that improve operating efficiencies, achieve strategic goals, simplify IT supportability and enhance the guest experience.
• Introduce ideas and innovation through thought leadership that leverage new technology, best-in-class processes, and industry trends.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement problem tracking solutions and incrementally add to the troubleshooting documentation and knowledge base to equip helpdesk support analysts.
• Prepare documentation for support of new technologies, and solutions.
• Support first level support analysts, identify recurring issues, and recommend improved solution architecture to improve productivity and efficiencies.
• Keep management well informed on a timely basis of progress, status, and concerns for each assignment.
DESIRED SKILLS & WORK EXPERIENCE
Education & Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field preferred.
• 7-10 years direct work experience with some combination of digital solutions required.
• 7-10 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including development and execution required.
• 7+ years of experience in the retail, hospitality, and technology industries required
• 5+ years of Help Desk Support experience preferred
• 5+ years of experience managing teams responsible for business applications required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Aloha POS experience desirable.
• Working knowledge of one or more Online Ordering Solutions, Loyalty programs, CRM systems, CMS systems or other components of a digital ecosystem is required.
• Experience with creating and maintaining tight and seamless integrations between solutions is required.
• Ability to manage architects, engineers, vendors, and field technicians.
• Project management skills; ability to manage tasks and assignments and hold staff, vendors and self-accountable for deadlines.
• MS Office suite (Visio, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) required.
• Microsoft Project expertise required or similar project tools
• Independent work and collaborative team work required.
• Strong analysis and problem-solving skills required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Strong supervisory, coaching, and mentoring skills required.
• Travel up to 10% of the time.
• Work is completed in a general office environment.
• 90% work on a computer.
Le Duff America offers Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401(K) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Meal Discounts and other employee benefits.