The story of Mimi’s started with people; Arthur J. Simms was inspired by the beauty, foods and flavor of France and a woman he met there named Mimi. Today at Mimi’s we embody this inspiration and we strive to provide the same warmth and sincerity that one would welcome a guest into their home with. At Mimi's, our Associates are the most important resource in our service commitment to our Guests. By applying the 'Three Standards of Excellence' and embracing our values of trust, teamwork, respect integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each individual and the Company. Mimi's fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced individual career aspirations are fulfilled and Mimi's continued success is celebrated by all.
When you work for Mimi’s, you become family!
Brioche Doree, part of the Groupe Le Duff family, and the sister company of la Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe, and Mimi's Cafe is looking for a Director of Marketing for our North American operations. With over 40 years of experience, Brioche Doree is an internationally recognized brand with a strong global presence. The brand as the pleasure of welcoming and serving more than 200,000 guests each day across the globe. Brioche Doree is an urban bakery cafe, built on the simple idea that it is possible to offer traditional French products of exceptional quality and freshness in a fast-service style.
POSITION: Director of Marketing, Brioche Doree
LOCATION: Dallas, Texas
REPORTS TO: Brand President
Statement of Purpose
The Director of Marketing is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets. The position reaches out to consumers through digital and traditional marketing platforms and integrates the marketing efforts across internal departments, such as Culinary and Operations. Specific responsibilities include business and market development, market research and planning, providing strategic direction for promotions and advertising, and leveraging social media & PR opportunities relevant with sales marketing windows. This role also hires and directs the day-to-day activities of a small marketing staff.
• Develop and drive key strategies to accomplish brand objectives and support growth across the business.
• Provide strategic leadership for brand launch in new markets while maintaining a strong presence in brand heritage markets.
• Overall responsibility for planning, launching and sustaining an integrated advertising and marketing strategy in support of the brand image, promotional events, and cause marketing initiatives that are critical to achieving brand goals.
• Proactively drive passion and innovation about the brand throughout the organization.
• Provide oversight for development of content for press releases, collateral materials, and social media content. Review partner materials including press releases, media alerts, and online materials to ensure integrity of branding, style and information.
• Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to define brand strategy and to educate and gain support for key brand initiatives.
• Build strong ongoing relationships with franchise partners along with providing strategic support and guidance on brand marketing objectives for all franchise markets.
• Direct and lead all brand program planning and budgeting.
• Serve as the lead contact for agencies of record and other contractors or individuals as they relate to the brand.
• Travel to domestic and international markets in support of marketing campaigns.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
• Minimum of 8 years previous leadership experience in product development, brand marketing, advertising and promotions
• Comprehensive knowledge of brand management
• Prior work experience in the restaurant, food service or hospitality industries; Demonstrated passion regarding the industry and the brands
• Proven ability to take product/service (as well as new market development) from concept to implementation
• Solid project management skills; Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to achieve measurable results across a large number of projects within budget and on tight timelines
• Ability to partner and interact professionally across the organization and with outside contacts
• Proactive with demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
• Strong experience in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Extremely organized and detailed oriented
• Excellent customer service skills
• Self-motivated to set priorities and work with limited direction
• Sound data analysis and decision-making capabilities
• Sense of urgency in solving problems and comfortable with a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing at optimum level
The Director of Marketing works from the Dallas Support Center and is required to travel, on occasion, to other geographical areas to attend meetings, conferences, etc. Work hours range from early morning to late nights, as needed. Work days may range from 8+ hours, M-F, depending on Marketing needs. This position may also be required to work unscheduled hours with little advance notice.