Le Duff America is the U.S. affiliate of French-based Groupe Le Duff. Groupe Le Duff started with a single French café-bakery in Brest, France in 1977. It quickly grew into an international corporate and franchised family of restaurants centered around authentic French fare.
Today, the combined Le Duff Family of brands is recognized as the largest bakery-café company in the world. LDA currently owns and operates a number of North American café brands totaling over 500 units, which include la Madeleine Country French Café, Mimi’s Café, Bruegger’s Bagels, Timothy’s World Coffee, and Brioche Dorée.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
TITLE: Systems Engineer
DEPT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director of Infrastructure & Security
DATE: November, 2017
The Systems Engineer is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure and security architecture across the enterprise which is comprised of multiple restaurant brands, company and franchise stores, corporate and remote desktops, cloud hosting, and data centers. Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Security, this engineer will lead the architecture of enterprise infrastructure and security and the implementation, administration, and daily support of all networks, hardware, telecom, connectivity, servers, Microsoft, security, data center and cloud hosting environments, and infrastructure strategies.
- Design and document system specifications and workflows.
- Define enterprise network, systems, and security architecture including hardware, virtualization, identify management, domains, connectivity, telecom, file storage, LANs, and hardware across the enterprise.
- Define infrastructure virtualization strategy, build and manage VMs, and implement Microsoft Enterprise SCCM / SCOM architecture.
- Perform complex analysis of data and monitor the ongoing performance of developed systems.
- Plan and coordinate reviews and approvals of technical deliverables.
- Define and implement the Microsoft Enterprise and user licensing strategy to leverage Office 365 and identify management processes.
- Create standardized images for use in data center, restaurants and desktop environments.
- Manage IT hardware asset inventory, road maps, system images, repair / depot strategy, and failover / redundancy models.
- Define domain, VPN, corporate network, and store network access strategies.
- Responsible for network security and PCI compliance including successful quarterly external vulnerability scans, internal network scans, secure remote access management, secure Wi-Fi, and security audits.
- Coordinate and oversee testing activities with quality assurance testing group as well as internal and external stakeholders. Verify that all requirements are addressed in each phase of testing.
- Define in-store PCI compliant architecture including network segmentation, EMV pay devices, secure remote access methods, log management, firewall configurations, and managed networks.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network reliability by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Responsible for the design of a high performance network topology to provide communications between the Support Center, data centers, and a growing number of restaurant locations.
- Prepare materials for test result reviews; Plan & coordinate the reviews; Accept or reject the test results.
- Analyze regulatory rules and issues to identify impact on current information technology operations.
- Perform complex configuration, modification, testing and implementation of vendor software; Develop, coordinate and implement plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing.
- Bridge the gap between the business customer and the technology solution by translating business needs to technical solutions throughout the life cycle of the product
- Support networking environment and system configuration; Assist with system installation; Provide documentation, and follow system standards.
- Secure network system by enforcing policies and monitoring access.
- Automate tasks through the development of scripts and administration tools.
- Support client network connections and devices.
- Perform documentation of procedures.
- Support current network architecture including bandwidth, telecommunications, domains, LANs, Citrix, and hardware across the enterprise.
- Support network security and compliance requirements.
- Work closely with field Technical Services teams at each center and vendor partners.
- Monitor and resolve production issues in a timely and effective manner to minimize downtime and risk to the business.
- Support Cloud computing as it relates to client access and regulatory compliance.
- Install and configure software through the creation of silent installation scripts.
- Manage hardware and software inventories and ensure license compliance.
REQUIRED SKILLS & WORK EXPERIENCE
High School degree or equivalent
Expert knowledge of Windows 7, OS X, and Microsoft Office
Expert knowledge of Windows Server Platforms
VMWare / Hyper-V knowledge and experience
Windows Enterprise Management software (i.e. SCCM)
Knowledge of networking protocols ( TCP/IP, DHCP, BGP, DNS)
Strong problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills
Ability to perform root cause analysis and recommend solutions
Experience working with the Office 365 platform – Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Lync Online, OneDrive, and DirSync.
POS experience required
Expert in computer hardware selection / configuration for datacenter, POS and desktop environments
Scripting languages including Batch / PowerShell
DESIRED SKILLS & WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or Associate's Degree in a Technical discipline
Experience in a PCI environment
Experience with planning and executing IT projects
Experience with SaaS, Iaas, Paas client / server, VPN, and cloud-based application Experience with SCCM and Compliance Settings
Experience with security programs for PCI compliance
Previous use of MDT, USMT, and/or SCCM OSD
Familiarity with Dell hardware
A+ or MCSA certifications
Experience working in a PCI-DSS compliant environment
Demonstrated subject matter expertise with restaurant infrastructure, in-store solutions, above-store solutions, and service solutions software & hardware configurations.
Le Duff America offers Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401(K) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Meal Discounts and many other employee benefits.