STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Culinary Manager reports directly to his/her General Manager and secondarily to the Director of Operations. The Culinary Manager position supervises approximately 35-60+ hourly Associates at his/her respective Café. The Culinary Manager is ultimately responsible for the daily operations of the Café, mainly overseeing the back/heart of the house, to ensure Company policies/procedures, cleanliness/sanitary standards are being followed. Moreover, the Culinary Manager is responsible for quality food preparation, recipe adherence and delivering delectable dishes to our Guests in a timely manner.
Additionally, the Culinary Manager is responsible for maximizing profitability margins by reducing waste and controlling costs, including labor, improving speed of service without compromising food quality, ensuring proper use of kitchen equipment and food handling/rotation/storage procedures are strictly followed (i.e. STAR Program), and all sanitary guidelines are fulfilled by all Associates.
The Culinary Manager is expected to create a positive and productive work environment at the Café level by developing and maintaining strong Associate relation skills and having high operational Standards of Excellence.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of the company. Portrays a favorable image of the company at all times.
- Initiates Guest feedback to ensure their satisfaction (product quality, service, cleanliness).
- Analyzes Marketforce/Mystery Shop data, along with other Guest metrics, and creates effective action plans to improve food quality and Associate performance.
- Ensures BOH/HOH Associates are executing STAR Program with precision, including but not limited to, following Health Department guidelines, procedures, food/sanitary procedures, temperature controls, preparation/labeling/rotation/storage of food product and maintains the highest cleanliness standards.
- Highly proficient at completing inventory in an accurate and timely manner.
- Places food and supply orders based on accurate forecasting of Café needs.
- Creates an effective training implementation plan, using Company provided tools (i.e. Implementation Guides, videos, My Encore Academy, etc,) to ensure Associates are fully trained on recipe/menu implementations. The Culinary Manager conducts quality line checks at scheduled intervals to ensure presentation standards are fulfilled.
- Manages food cost variance by using the Top 5 Variance Action Plan on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of kitchen equipment. The Culinary Manager is accountable for proper usage of equipment and preserving its longevity.
- Maintains a highly organized kitchen at all times and checks quality standards to ensure freshness.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates, planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work as needed.
- Coaches and mentors Associates to ensure all standards, practices and job expectations are fulfilled according to his/her respective position.
- Models professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, hospitable and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages Excellence. Demonstrates respect and courtesy to all Associates.
- Occasionally assists with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, cook’s line, etc), as needed. This type of work should not take more than 10% of the Culinary Manager’s time. (All state and federal labor laws apply).
- Ensures the Manager’s office is well organized and secured at all times.
- Ensures all Associates adhere to Company Cash Handling Procedures and assets are properly secured in safe.
- Thoroughly audits Associate Payroll in TMx and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Ensures all required files/documents are organized and sent in weekly package to Corporate.
- Manages day to day food, labor, paper and other controllable costs.
- Ensures OSHA requirements, health and safety codes, and company safety, sanitation, and security policies and procedures are met and followed by all Associates.
- Enforces proper use and maintenance of restaurant facility and equipment. Also, he/she is responsible for proactively reporting all facility maintenance needs to his/her respective Manager.
- Ensures all Associates comply with State/Federal liquor laws as it pertains to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with company Associates and Managers (outside the Café) to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that is conducive to maximum morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This list is not intended to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Dressed in proper dress code requirements, looking neat, clean and professional at all times
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, POS, etc…)
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal liquor laws
Knowledge of all safety, sanitation and administrative procedures
Strong analytical/problem solving skills
Exceptional team building capability
High School Diploma or equivalent
Prior leadership experience preferred
2-3 years of prior management experience in a family or casual dining restaurant is preferred
College and/or culinary schooling preferred
- Must be 21 years of age
Mimi’s is committed to principles of equal opportunity for all job applicants and Associates. The Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disability or known medical condition of an applicant or Associate, consistent with its legal obligations. The Company also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with any disabled applicant or Associate to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodation. Applicants and Associates are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek or occupy by contacting the Human Resources Department (855-468-4608).
We participate in E-Verify, a program run by the US government that confirms your work authorization, based on the information that you provide on your Form I-9. For more information, click the links below.
Poster (EN); Poster (SP); Right to Work (EN); Right to Work (SP)