STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The General Manager (GM) reports directly to his/her respective Director of Operations and secondarily to the Regional Director. The General Manager position manages approximately 35-60+ hourly Associates and lower level Managers at his/her respective Café. Overall responsibilities include(s); providing Guests the highest level of service, quality dishes and a celebratory atmosphere. The General Manager is ultimately responsible for maximizing profitability margins by reducing waste and controlling costs, increasing sales, securing Café funds and assets, hiring, training and developing his/her staff in both technical and leadership skills, and ensuring the Café operates in a productive and efficient manner while adhering to company policies, procedures and standards.
The General Manager is expected to create and maintain a positive and productive work environment at the Café. Therefore, excellent interpersonal/Associate relations skills are required, this includes initiating open and on-going dialogue with the staff, delegating tasks to appropriate levels, building trust and equality when handling Associate concerns, schedules, promotions, etc., actively listening to Associate/Managerial concerns, coaching and taking corrective action in a timely manner, anticipating and fulfilling the needs of the staff, cultivating a team-oriented atmosphere, maintaining a high profile at the Café, and setting high standards of leadership consistent with Company goals and Mimi’s Standards of Excellence.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of the company. Portrays a favorable image of the company at all times.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates, developing managers and team, planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures Associate and Manager schedules are completed in an equitable manner and follows Company Scheduling Guidelines.
- Coaches and mentors Managers and Associates to ensure all standards, practices and job expectations are fulfilled according to his/her respective position.
- Models professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, hospitable and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages Excellence. Demonstrates respect and courtesy to all associates.
- Establishes and participates in community activities and local restaurant marketing programs designed to enhance goodwill.
- Communicates sales performance and anticipated variances to the restaurant management team.
- Occasionally assists with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, cook’s line, etc), as needed. This type of work should not take more than 10% of the General Manager’s time. (All state and federal labor laws apply). Demonstrates knowledge of menu items and maintains company standards for quality food; serves only food that meets standards
- Conducts all Associate new hire Orientations according to Company standards and ensures every new hire properly integrates into their position, culture and Associate population.
- Ensures the Manager’s office is well organized and secured at all times.
- Ensures all Associates and Managers adhere to Company Cash Handling Procedures and assets are properly secured in safe.
- Thoroughly audits Associate Payroll in TMx and makes adjustments accordingly. The General Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring Associates are properly paid their wages and adheres to all Payroll procedures and deadlines.
- Ensures all required files/documents are organized and sent in weekly package to Corporate.
- Responsible for developing sales programs and contests to incentivize Associates and Managers to maximize sales and enhance the guest experience.
- Responsible for engaging Guests, throughout his/her shift, to ensure service and quality standards are being met.
- Responsible for analyzing Guest Satisfaction Reports (Mystery Shop/Marketforce data) for Café, identify issues and take proactive steps to rectify operational and/or service concerns.
- Controls day-to-day operations and profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing food and labor, reviewing financial reports, sales forecast, and taking appropriate actions.
- Manages food, labor, paper and other controllable costs. Controlling food costs by following recipes and portion control.
- Ensures OSHA requirements, health and safety codes, and company safety, sanitation, and security policies and procedures are met and followed by all associates.
- Enforces proper use and maintenance of restaurant facility and equipment. Also, he/she is responsible for proactively reporting all facility maintenance needs to his/her respective Manager.
- Ensures all Managers and Associates comply with State/Federal liquor laws as it pertains to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with company Associates and Managers (outside the Café) to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This list is not intended to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Dressed in proper dress code requirements, looking neat, clean and professional at all times
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, POS, etc…)
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal liquor laws
Knowledge of all safety, sanitation and administrative procedures
Strong analytical/problem solving skills
Exceptional team building capability
High School Diploma or equivalent
Prior leadership experience preferred
5 years of prior management experience in a family or casual dining restaurant is preferred
College and/or culinary schooling preferred
- Must be 21 years of age
Mimi’s is committed to principles of equal opportunity for all job applicants and Associates. The Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disability or known medical condition of an applicant or Associate, consistent with its legal obligations. The Company also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with any disabled applicant or Associate to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodation. Applicants and Associates are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek or occupy by contacting the Human Resources Department (855-468-4608).
We participate in E-Verify, a program run by the US government that confirms your work authorization, based on the information that you provide on your Form I-9. For more information, click the links below.
Poster (EN); Poster (SP); Right to Work (EN); Right to Work (SP)