The story of Mimi’s started with people; Arthur J. Simms was inspired by the beauty, foods and flavor of France and a woman he met there named Mimi. Today at Mimi’s we embody this inspiration and we strive to provide the same warmth and sincerity that one would welcome a guest into their home with. At Mimi's, our Associates are the most important resource in our service commitment to our Guests. By applying the 'Three Standards of Excellence' and embracing our values of trust, teamwork, respect integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each individual and the Company. Mimi's fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced individual career aspirations are fulfilled and Mimi's continued success is celebrated by all.
When you work for Mimi’s, you become family!
Gourmet Cuisine, a food products manufacturer for more than 29 years, specializes in the customization of outstanding soups, sauces and dressings for Le Duff America, the parent company of la Madeleine French Bakery & Café and Mimi’s Café. Using the freshest ingredients, sourced locally when possible, Gourmet Cuisine is committed to setting and maintaining the highest standards in food product quality and food safety.
Position: Industrial Mechanic/Technician
Location: Gourmet Cuisine Production Facility, Mesquite, Texas
Date: January, 2018
The Industrial Mechanic/Technican installs, adjusts, repairs, and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment for food production and quality control machines at the Gourmet Cuisine production facility. The role works closely with the production team. This position is a 40-hour/week, full-time, non-exempt role.
- Install, maintain and repair food packaging equipment and high speed PLC-controlled equipment as needed.
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and take corrective action. Make necessary corrections and adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot industrial electrical circuits, both low and high voltage.
- Document downtime, labor time and complete documentation/comments detailing the work.
- Proactively perform preventive maintenance checks and inspections of equipment. Report findings to supervisor and take appropriate actions.
- Attend to building maintenance and repair requests, as needed.
- Assist co-workers in keeping an inventory of repair supplies and materials in shop.
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe manner and complies with applicable industry standards.
- At least two (2) years of related experience preferably in a food and beverage manufacturing environment. May include experience in repairing, overhauling, and troubleshooting of processing, packaging and material handling equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and controls.
- At least five (5) years of mechanical aptitude and experience acquired through vocational school or outside activities.
- Previous work experience with HMI, PLC, VFD’s and HVAC.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley equipment is a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to supply own tools.
- Innovative thinker with issue-framing and analytical problem solving skills.
- Willingness to work as a member of a team, and be eager to learn and teach new skills.
- Ability to deploy resources effectively and strive for continuous improvements.
- High degree of precision and control in work.
- Bilingual speaking skills are a plus.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.