PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY OF AN HR GENERALIST
This position is primarily responsible for supporting our HR department in a manufacturing environment in areas including, but not limited to, recruitment, staffing, discipline, investigations, union contract compliance, safety and workers comp.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Assists with recruitment, selection, placement and interview process including scheduling interviews and following up with candidates.
- Co-Chairs the Company Safety Program including coordination of meetings, follow up on action items and safety documentation.
- Conducts investigations related to employee concerns.
- Prepares and participates in delivery of disciplinary actions.
- Responds to and follows up on employee requests and questions.
- Processes required documents through payroll, union and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Inputs and maintains Human Resource Information System records.
- Conduct and maintain records of compliance training.
- Assists with factory payroll processing including reviewing timesheets, tracking PTO and attendance, and resolving issues with payroll checks.
- Processes monthly billings from assigned insurance providers and union. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with appropriate carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Assist with the organization of employee recognition, parties and events.
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees.
- Highest standards of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee information
- Self- motivated and able to work proactively.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts in a friendly and conversational tone via email, telephone, and in person.
- Ability to solve problems, consistently finding creative and efficient ways to improve your work materials.
- Ability to remain flexible and able to adapt and respond to changing situations; ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential job duties satisfactorily. This position requires the employee to sit for long periods of time. The employee frequently is required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel or reach. The sensory requirements for this position include vision, hearing, and touch. The employee in this position must frequently exercise regular use of good judgment and be able to work with minimal supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HS Diploma or equivalent. College degree in business communications and/or human resources preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws
- 2+ yrs of HR experience or equivalent is required.
- Prior experience working in an union environment is highly preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to create documents and forms in Microsoft Word, create and maintain spreadsheets in Excel, and to navigate and maintain records in databases.
- Ceridian experience preferred or other HRIS system knowledge.
80% of work time is spent in a general office environment with the other 20% working in distribution and factory settings.
This position reports directly to the Human Resources Manager.