Do you believe that passion and work are two words that naturally belong together? Do you see opportunity in change? Are you committed to providing the customer with a superior experience? If so, you belong here - where the highest standards and exceptional people come together.
We are LaCrosse Footwear, Inc., a leading provider of branded, premium and innovative footwear that keeps lives in motion. Our trusted Danner® and LaCrosse® brands can be found throughout the world at a network of specialty and retail partners.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Distribution Associate is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual and automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc.
Starting pay is $12.00 per hour.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
• Packs and pulls orders with Radio Frequency (RF) hand held terminals.
• Loads and unloads trucks and containers.
• Stocks inventory with (RF) radio frequency hand held terminals.
• Processes orders on Warehouse Management System (WMS).
• Receives orders and finished goods on WMS with Radio Frequency terminals.
• Responsible for maintaining organized work area
• Required to become successfully certified on Powered Industrial Equipment, Fork Lift, Walkies, Turret Trucks, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
• Ability to think outside the box and search for innovative solutions
• Commitment to ensuring a safe work environment
• Warehouse Management System/Radio Frequency (RF) hand held scanning experience
• Dependable with a good record of attendance
• Able to have a flexible work schedule and work overtime, which can be mandatory
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Must be able to communicate in English
• Practical PC experience
• Possession of a valid driver’s license
• Forklift Certification and Experience preferred
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential job duties satisfactorily.
• The employee frequently is required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel or reach
• The sensory requirements for this position include vision, hearing, and touch
• Frequently lifting, standing, bending and walking 8 or more hours a day on a concrete floor
• Must be able to lift/pull 50 pounds with no restrictions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and or/ EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a distribution center or warehouse environment.
• Basic English Skills are required.
• Valid Driver license
• Forklift Certification or ability to become certified
• Various lift trucks
• Hand truck
• Pallet jack
• Computer: Microsoft Office, WMS
• RF handheld equipment
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate. Due to the nature of the warehouse environment, temperature fluctuation can be extreme in cold or hot weather.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED:
Closed toe shoes
Clothing appropriate for warehouse environment
Gloves (provided and recommended, but not required)
Back belts (provided)
This position reports directly to the Distribution Supervisor.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As a federal contractor, we participate in E-Verify. LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that strives for and celebrates diversity in its workforce.