The position of Quality Manager for Danner’s Portland Factory will report directly to the Sr. Manager Quality and Commercialization. The Quality Manager’s primary responsibility will be to work cross-functionally to ensure the products produced at this facility are built to Danner’s high quality standards, manage the Portland factory quality team, ensure manufacturing facility follows established quality initiatives, test and inspect materials/finished products, manage data and communicate quality reports. This position also has the responsibility as the ISO Management Representative. In this capacity they will work with the PDX Factory team to ensure all areas of the ISO management system are met. This includes, but is not limited to, leading the development of the PDX factory compliance to the latest ISO system, auditing to ensure these systems are being followed and driving continuous improvements within this system.
The Quality Manager’s primary responsibility will be to assist in the development of the overall Quality Management System for products manufactured at the PDX facility. This will include design of the system, monitoring for results and driving continuous improvement. Essential to this position is the need to collaborate among the other members of the PDX leadership team to ensure all Danner footwear products are built to Danner’s high quality standards. This individual will also have responsibility as the ISO management representative.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION (Other duties may be assigned.):
- Develop, implement and monitor the effectiveness of the Quality Management System for Danner’s Portland Factory
- Lead efforts to ensure QMS complies with the latest ISO standards
- Promote, mentor, and teach the use of systemic problem solving tools/techniques to identify root cause issues and implement robust solutions
- Drive continuous improvement methodologies in the QMS through the implementation of Six Sigma and Lean principles
- Achieve quality assurance objectives by contributing information and analysis of manufacturing and inspection processes, preparing and completing action plans, implementing quality standards, identifying and resolving problems, completing audits, determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Develop quality assurance plans by identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures.
- Provide leadership and direction to the quality team.
- Maintain, report and develop goals, with clearly defined action plans to improve key metrics (cost of quality, customer complaint metrics, defect rate), and take actions to improve the organizational effectiveness and reduce cycle time.
- Coordinate resolution to supplier related quality issues
- Seek to increase the effectiveness of the Quality Management System through benchmarking and sharing of best practices.
- Provide direct customer interaction as needed to resolve complaints, customer audits, or other good customer interaction to continue to reinforce our good relationships.
- Demonstrate passion for safety and the well-being of fellow employees.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and contribute outside the area of quality.
- Support all corporate and divisional initiatives which may also include hands on support for quality activities outside the plant requirements.
- Ensure products comply with third party testing as required.
- B.S. in an engineering related discipline; equivalent degree and years of experience may be considered
- Minimum 5 years in a quality role
- Minimum 3 years in leadership role
- Six Sigma black belt certification preferred
- Prior ISO (9001) experience required
General computing skills and systems knowledge
Leadership and coaching of personnel
Ability to establish teamwork within group and among peers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong coordination, oral and written communication skills a must
- Ability to build/maintain strong relationships and effectively partner with peers
- Demonstrates initiative when interfacing with constituents
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally work in distribution as business fluctuations warrant.
This position reports directly to: Sr. Manager Quality and Commercialization
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt