K2Share, LLC, is a firm built on meeting the needs of our clients and partners. We provide training, information assurance, and secure hosting solutions to government and private entities. The success of our business has resulted in the creation of this position in the company.
Duties: This part-time position works with the Security and IT Operations teams to reduce the cyber risk of K2Share and client systems. Specific duties vary based upon client project assignment and may include:
- Assist with development and maintenance of security documentation and security awareness training material
- Identify IT security risks from technical and functional perspectives
- Perform security authorization activities in accordance with client policies and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework processes
- Develop, modify, and review security authorization documentation
- Use, implement, and monitor technical security controls to support defensive techniques
- Support cybersecurity monitoring including reviewing security and network events that are populated in a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system
- Schedule, conduct and review vulnerability scans, and generate and disseminate reports in accordance with approved schedule
- Perform analysis of security assessment results, including automated tool output and interview/observation notes, and develop assessment reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The ideal candidate will be familiar with information technology practices and procedures, including the following skills:
- 0-2 years of experience in information technology, systems engineering and cybersecurity
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting of subject matter experts, vendors, subcontractors, and clients
- Perform in a fast-paced environment where project deadlines are critical and multiple projects run in parallel
- Requires occasional work outside of normal business hours
- Ability to write clear and concise memos and documentation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Strong understanding of information technology, systems engineering and cybersecurity concepts and practices
- Familiarity with computer operating systems including Windows, UNIX/Linux, and Mac OS
- Experience with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800 Series and the application of these standards in real-world systems
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or currently working toward Bachelor's Degree in IT field or equivalent work experience
Certification(s): Ability to obtain entry level professional cybersecurity certification (e.g. Security+)
Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Security Clearance
Work Environment: This job operates in a well-lit and temperature-controlled office environment. In this role there will be use of standard office equipment such as phones, computers, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below are required to perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to help individuals with disability to perform essential job functions.
An employee in this role must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time and will occasionally need to move about inside the office to access file cabinets and office machinery. This position requires constant operation of a computer. Employee must be able to frequently communicate and exchange accurate information with clients who have inquiries about their invoices. Occasionally this position requires employee to move files and boxes weighing up to 25 pounds.
Compensation: Part-time; $12.00-$13.50/hour depending on qualifications; 20-25 hours per week
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contributions
- Flexibility for those needing time off for jury duty, voting, military leave, volunteer service, and other needs
- Casual dress work environment
- Technical training and certification as required by your job
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
Location: College Station, Texas
Priority will be given to applicants who can commit to more than a year of employment.
You must be a United States citizen, be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process and submit to a credit and background investigation as part of the selection process.
The US Government restricts access by Foreign Nationals to certain types of technology and technical data. Consequently, this posting is intended only for US citizens.
K2Share, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status. K2Share LLC offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation.
This job description is not to serve as a list of exhausted job responsibilities. K2Share’s management has the right to change or alter this job description at any time without notice.