K2Share, LLC, is a firm built on meeting the needs of our clients and partners. We provide training, information assurance, and secure hosting solutions to government and private entities. The success of our business has resulted in the creation of this position in the company.
Duties: We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who wants to be part of a growing development team that is creating online applications used by almost 2 million people worldwide. The ideal candidate for this position has high attention to detail, an analytical approach to problem-solving, and a strong desire to learn.
- Develop and implement test strategies and test plans that result in effective identification of software defects
- Design, create, and execute effective automation tests as needed across all supported browsers, databases, and operating systems
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of QA test plans/cases used to ensure that software conforms to specification
- Work closely with the engineering team in-sprint to validate new functionality as it’s delivered
- Document all problems in manner that provides effective records for subsequent investigations by others
- Perform troubleshooting and fault isolation, documenting findings, and contributing to resolution effort
- Perform in a fast-paced environment where project deadlines are critical and multiple projects run in parallel
- Requires occasional work outside of normal business hours
Reports to Quality Assurance Lead
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The ideal candidate will be familiar with information technology practices and procedures, including the following skills:
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Understanding of SQL, in order to manipulate and validate test data
- Understanding of XML, HTML
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Exposure to Selenium automation tool a plus
- Experience with JIRA a plus
- Experience using Confluence Team Collaboration software a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science/Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field; or at least two years of equivalent work experience
Work Environment: This job operates in a well-lit and temperature-controlled office environment. In this role there will be use of standard office equipment such as phones, computers, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below are required to perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to help individuals with disability to perform essential job functions.
An employee in this role must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time and will occasionally need to move about inside the office to access file cabinets and office machinery. This position requires constant operation of a computer. Employee must be able to frequently communicate and exchange accurate information with clients who have inquiries about their invoices. Occasionally this position requires employee to move files and boxes weighing up to 25 pounds.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
What K2Share Offers You:
- 18 paid time off days (number of days increases with length of service at K2Share/CareerSafe)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Direct deposit and reimbursement of qualified expenses
- Comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families
- Flexible spending accounts for dependent and medical care
- Health savings account
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contributions
- Flexibility for those needing time off for jury duty, voting, military leave, etc.
- Wellness reimbursement program (includes fitness reimbursement program)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Casual dress work environment
- Technical training and certifications as required
- Any of our CareerSafe Online training courses for free to employee and immediate family
Location: College Station, TX
You must be a United States citizen, be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process and submit to a credit and background investigation as part of the selection process.
The US Government restricts access by Foreign Nationals to certain types of technology and technical data. Consequently, this posting is intended only for US citizens.
K2Share, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status. K2Share offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation.
This job description is not to serve as a list of exhausted job responsibilities. K2Share managements reserves the right to change or alter this job description at any time without notice.