Coverent is seeking a Strategic Communications Consultant for a client in the US Intelligence Community. The successful candidate will lead the development and execution of all communication strategies for the client and collaborate with senior organizational leaders and subject matter experts to ensure that communication efforts align with organizational goals. S/he will develop communication products such as fact sheets, presentations, articles, talking points, and training materials to expand awareness about organizational process improvements. This is an exciting opportunity for an intellectually curious, energetic management consultant to work on a project with real impact that helps our client develop ways of better meeting the needs of its customers.
Coverent is a specialized consulting services firm focused on developing innovative solutions to the most challenging problems facing our nation. We are growing quickly, but focused on maintaining our commitment to fantastic results and a fair, flexible, and fun culture:
- Are you interested in working for a boutique firm who sees its employees as more than just a number?
- Are you intrigued by the notion of joining a small team of talented, passionate consultants with a clear vision to help our clients achieve their missions better, smarter, faster?
- Does a company culture that emphasizes outcomes, fairness, and flexibility sound appealing?
- Would you like to be rewarded for your contributions, via programs like annual bonuses and company profit sharing?
- Would you appreciate having a choice of options from top-notch benefit providers for medical and retirement plans?
- Are you interested in a learning culture that is forward-leaning regarding training, education, and professional development?
If you answer YES to these questions, Coverent could be the employer of choice for you.
- Provide strategic communications support to organization Chief, Chief of Staff, and Senior Support Referents; develop a strategic communications plan that advances the organization’s strategic initiatives.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute individual strategic communication approaches for tools, services, and/or processes developed by the organization.
- Streamline and improve internal communication guidelines, processes, and procedures
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication approaches
- Implement recommendations, per client request
- Develop presentations, placemats, and other visual communication products for senior leaders.
- US Citizenship
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph
- BA or BS degree and 5-10 years of experience in a strategic communications role
- Experience developing and implementing communication strategies
- Ability to work with senior government officials under tight deadlines and translate ideas and concepts into professional communication products such as fact sheets, talking points, presentations, articles, e–mails to staff, and other communication products, as needed
- Experience developing presentations and briefing senior management
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform in an individual contributor role while also excelling in a team environment
- Experience working within the Intelligence Community
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities