Coverent is seeking a Business Intelligence Specialist. The successful candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and a vision for organizational effectiveness and operational efficiency in a vibrant, data-driven organization. This is an exciting opportunity for an intellectually curious, energetic individual contributor to get in on the ground floor of the management team in a growing consulting firm and create real impact.
Coverent is a specialized consulting services firm focused on developing innovative solutions to the most challenging problems facing our nation. We are growing quickly, but are focused on maintaining our commitment to superior customer results and a fair, flexible, and fun culture:
- Are you interested in working for a boutique firm who sees its employees as more than just a number?
- Are you intrigued by the notion of joining a small, talented, passionate team with a clear vision to help our clients achieve their missions better, smarter, faster?
- Does a company culture that emphasizes outcomes, fairness, and flexibility sound appealing?
- Would you like to be rewarded for your contributions, via programs like annual bonuses and company profit sharing?
- Would you appreciate having a choice of options from top-notch benefit providers for medical and retirement plans?
- Are you interested in a learning culture that is forward-leaning regarding training, education, and professional development?
If you answer YES to these questions, Coverent could be the employer of choice for you.
The Coverent Business Intelligence Specialist will enable and reinforce corporate strategy and culture by implementing best practices that increase productivity, quality, and efficiency:
- Continually support and improve data, business processes, systems, and infrastructure across the company ecosystem.
- Develop, document, and maintain standard operating procedures to help company leadership improve the speed of business.
- Improve performance metrics and systems (ETL) in order to provide insight into performance against goals at all levels.
- Identify business process bottlenecks and recommend solutions.
- Serve as company expert in functional applications/databases and data.
- Use understanding of Coverent data, data sources, database, systems and applications to extract data, identify system improvements/ enhancements, and develop standard or ad-hoc reports.
- Create and disseminate standardized reporting and dashboards in MS Excel, Tableau, or other relevant tools to ensure each department and staff member has accessible, meaningful metrics to measure and improve performance.
- Provide project management support to Senior Management Team processes.
- Lead and support prioritized initiatives with proven improvement methods to achieve high levels of productivity and quality.
- Establish and maintain effective cross-functional business partnerships and knowledge across all levels of the organization.
- Lead projects and provide project management and change management communications to ensure adoption by team members.
- Establish rigorous security process and maintain access controls. Serve as a company Facility Security Officer.
Education and Work Experience Required
- US citizenship.
- Active TS security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in business or relevant analytical field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in performance measurement or process improvement.
- Current certification (or willingness to obtain) as PMP.
- Demonstrable expert level working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access and MS Visio, and/or comparable BI tools.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects with speed through excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage audiences by communicating results and recommendations at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to extract objective information from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for conveying plans, status, findings, recommendations and outcomes.
- Strong data management and analysis skills to ensure data integrity and develop useful reporting and dashboards.
- Demonstrable project management knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and thrive in an environment of business ambiguity and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to self-initiate, advancing work with minimal direction.
- Demonstrable grit; willingness to learn from failures to achieve success.