WHY CHOOSE BELL
Bell Technical Solutions (BTS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bell Canada that specializes in the installation of Bell services, including Home phone, Internet and Fibe TV. BTS operates in the residential and business sectors throughout Québec and Ontario. With more than 6000 employees, BTS has experienced strong growth since its foundation in 1996 and continues to distinguish itself from the competition through highly skilled labour and high-calibre service.
When you choose BTS, you are choosing a company that focuses on job creation, professional development and career advancement. Join our team of professionals if you want to make your career aspirations a reality. Better careers start here.
To support our ongoing growth and development, we are presently seeking dedicated and highly professional individuals to fulfill the role of Logistics Attendant reporting to the Field Logistics Operations Manager, the Logistics Attendant is responsible for the coordination, utilization and maintenance of the vehicle pool and minor material assets.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee stock in vehicle and warehouse materials, shipping and receiving of supplies, and other warehouse duties as required
- Maintain and update records using a tracking system to complete reports for the vehicle pool (utilization, history, mileage, fuel, etc.)
- Order material and validate incoming order shipments
- Fulfill all orders and prepare all materials requested from technicians
- Vehicle Fleet management – minor maintenance, order & organize materials, arrange towing, and deliver vehicles to and from the Bell work center/garage
- Match vehicle pool availability to technicians’ schedules, provide keys, visual inspects
- Track and control minor material inventory and other field assets using ERP system; complete related reports and maintain assets on site
- Maintenance, repair, inspect and complete audits on minor tool assets and truck conditions
- Handle various administrative tasks within the work center
- Participate in the effectiveness and management of the work center by suggestions of innovative solutions
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent is required
- Valid Ontario Drivers License (G2 or greater)
- Safe Driving record with no suspensions of any kind on your driving abstract
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and with ERP system management required
- 2 years of experience in a logistics function including inventory management and control.
- Excellent communication skills and team oriented
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a quick pace dynamic business
- Ability to operate a company vehicle as needed
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs – shipping and receiving & manipulation of shelving units
- Ability to work standing up/on feet majority of day
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Flexibility to work varied hours, including mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends based on the needs of the business
- Work Centre (industrial) environment – subject to varying climate conditions
- Hourly, unionized position, with a variable working schedule
- On call if unforeseen emergency situation arises
Job Location: London, ON (1054 Hargrieve Rd, London, ON, N6E 1P5)
Hours of Work: Morning shifts approximate 5:00/6:00AM - 1:00/2:00PM start (40 hrs/wk). Weekends are mandatory.
Bell Technical Solutions is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.