Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing company? Are you looking for a fast paced career in which you can manage and grow your own deck of business? Look no further! Here at Ag Partners, our sales staff is backed by an excellent support team that will help you reach your sales goals! We will reinvest in your future by giving you the opportunity to pursue leadership development and professional development courses. Apply today!
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Under direction of the Agronomy Sales Manager, this position is responsible for establishing professional customer relationships with an emphasis creating a great customer experience while focusing on business growth. Position will focus on service to increase value to the customer's total business and provide solutions to agronomy and crop production challenges by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, according to Ag Partners' Safety Policy.
- Utilize good customer service skills at all times, when servicing and greeting customers, and when working with co-workers and other departments within the company.
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Demonstrate work habits that develop, build, and support the team concept within the organization.
- Display an attitude that is focused on improving and serving customers, teammates and self.
Territory Planning /Management
- Identify and prioritize customers and prospects.
- Develop action plans for increasing targeted customers business.
- Work with Agronomy Lead for inventory planning and forecasting.
- Maintain sales contracts & bookings.
- Generate leads for grain sales through referrals and cross-selling.
- Complete paperwork to ensure contracts is completed; maps of the field are drawn so applicators get to the correct place.
Product Advancement Team
- Serve as an advisor to product management with the sole objective of assisting their efforts in incorporating new products or services that would be of benefit to our growers. Mentoring the introduction of these new products to the entire sales organization.
- Minimum deck of business (POS) of $5MM
- Perform sales calls on current and prospective customers
- Present products, services, and the added value the company as designed by Ag Partners.
- Handle objections and complaints in a timely manner.
- Gain business through new customers.
- Make sound and ethical agronomic recommendations in order to maximize profitability for our customers.
- Facilitate a communication channel between our customer and Ag Partners.
- Work swiftly with customers, suppliers, and management to resolve product/service complaints in fair and equitable fashion.
- Develop business plan for growers and work with them to ensure the plan is met.
- Consult with growers working in the field on their product quality/standards and applications needed in their operation.
Sound Agronomic Skills
- Interpret soil test and nutrient maps
- Build fertility recommendations based upon available data
- Weed, insect, and plant disease identification
- Build pesticide recommendation based upon plant growth stage, pest, pressure, etc.
- Knowledge of seed genetics and ability to recommend best available hybrids.
- Must acquire CCA within first two years of employment
- General knowledge of modern production practices.
- Highest of ethics.
- Highly self-motivated
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree is a plus, but is not required
- Must have a valid IA motor license.
- Certified Crop Advisor preferred, required to obtain within two years of employment with Ag Partners.
- This position will require 80% of time away from the office, but working within a forty mile radius of home and/or office.
LOCATION: Ag Partners (Alton)