NAVSEA 06 has management oversight of PMS 340 and PMS 408. The offices are serviced by the NMIC communication network. PMS 340 has elected to acquire Professional Service Support Management for the overarching support of both PMS 340 we well as supporting Sea06. The objective is for the incumbent of this position to directly assist the PMS 340 leadership and staff in effectively and efficiently utilizing the official SharePoint features provided by the NMIC electronic communication and information management tool. Serve as front line IT Support for the office to accommodate user’s technical assistance needs or act as intermediator when the needs goes beyond inherent permission levels. Maintain a variety of databases and storage of both unclassified and classified user equipment, accounts, requests and software. The immediate client is the Deputy Director, PMS 340 and the subordinate client base which consists of the subordinate government Assistant Program Management staff. The PMS 340 Acquisition IT Support Program Manager will report directly to the Cydecor PMS 340 NXP Contract PM.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions) :
- Serve as primary focal point within PMS 340 to assist the leadership and staff in optimizing the use of the SharePoint capability. Also work with the staff to understand their information computation needs and information needs essential to effective acquisition management. The incumbent must orient his/her approach toward understanding and working jointly with the acquisition staff to utilize the attributes of the SharePoint software to satisfy information portrayal needs and to provide them the benefit of his/her to enhance their capacity to quickly and accurately array data in a manner that lends itself to generate solutions to identified material acquisition management shortcomings. The incumbent is to actively communicate with APM SharePoint liaison contact points the need to remove various work sheets etc. from the SharePoint system and to eventually archive completed automated records of management documents in the central information data base so as to ensure adequate band width and storage capacity is maintained on the SharePoint system to accommodate the normal workload LOE while maintaining residual capacity to satisfy spikes in activity that occur on a random basis consuming space on a short term interim basis.
- Serves as PMS 340 Lead for all SharePoint/Corporate Document Management System (CDMS efforts). As the PMS 340 “SharePoint Administrator” / “Knowledge Manager,” directly responsible in the basic understanding and application of various IT systems and augmenting applications. This includes knowledge of SharePoint infrastructure (web parts, basic understanding of digital layouts and design, maintaining permission databases, providing training to new SharePoint members, the ability to understand “syncing” information across various platforms and performing daily maintenance/uploads via the iNAVY Portal).
- Manage and act as the approving authority for 9 different Home office SharePoint sites and 2 externally integrated sites with a fast growing client base from both east and west coast consisting of over 250 users.
- Provides technical assistance to PMS 340 acquisition management staff as they create basic databases as needed within the shared NAVSEA working hard drives. Establish basic folder structure to accommodate various PMS 340 projects and consistently working with APM SharePoint contact points to review the nature, content and activity of uploaded documentation that is actively being used to satisfy decision making. This includes coordination of regular maintenance with the APM elements of the overall system.
- Uses MS Office Suite regularly to include the following programs: Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint. Routinely use advanced functions to create working formulas, detailed macros, pivot tables, complex quad chart presentations to assist PMS 340 Staff research efforts and ongoing development of deliverables.
- Assist the APM SharePoint liaison officials with the adjudication of all technical documents. This includes active participation and formatting within: integration manuals, maintenance manuals, MRC cards, essential logistics documents, and the development of professional inventory trackers.
- Perform other technical communication / information management functions to enhance administrative, financial, and clerical duties related to ongoing PMS 340 efforts including: analytics, internet research and database management.
- Support PMS 340 as it pertains to Information Technology failures, troubleshoot and resolve or act as a mediatory if the issue needs to be resolved at another level. Track and follow up with the various IT departments to ensure a timely resolution.
- Maintain a database of Hardware/Software Assets related to SEA06 and answer data calls as needed by SEA 06 command for future seating requirements and Technical Refreshes. Maintain a physical storage of IT related Assets up to and including Laptops, Desktops, Docking Stations, Display Stations, Monitors, keyboards, Mice, Display Adaptors, Power Supply units, Monitor Stands, Headsets, External CAC readers, Laptop Travel Bags and Ethernet cables. Remove excess equipment for DRMO when required and submit action to properly declassify and destroy classified hard drives. Submit required documentation to have equipment mailed to the mailroom, deliver and receive tracking number to monitor the hardware in transit.
- Manage and acquire personnel accounts through Total Workforce Management System (TWMS) as required for seating purposes on the Washington Navy Yard. Process and new user NIPR/SIPR requests submitted by the PMS 340 Executive Assistant and other sources throughout SEA 06, verify the data’s accuracy, input the data into the NAVSEA Portal and continue to monitor the progression.
- Perform Iphone initial configurations, maintenance, troubleshooting as a PureBred Agent working with BlackBerry Works software. Maintain database knowledge of active services on devices and submit requests to reactive phones as required.
- Support the Security Manager by ensuring hardware is properly classified and marked, including monitors, phones, desktops, laptops, hard drives, external media and printers for audit readiness. Assist the Security Officer walk the spaces during a security walkthrough and make adjustments to process as necessary and fixes area’s that were noncompliant.
- Provide additional levels of support on the SIPR network including standard levels of IT troubleshooting and configurations and SIPR Token Pin resets.
Senior Client Contact:
Deputy Director, PMS 340
No direct reports. Monitor and coordinate IT / SharePoint interests, needs and use of SharePoint capability among the various PMS 340 APM organizational elements and NAVSEA 06 key SharePoint staff.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Education / Experience : (1) Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience or in the IT field; or,
- Two (2) years college level education in a related field to the skill set associated with the position and four years’ direct experience with electronic communication and information management systems.
- In both cases the incumbent must have had formal training with various technical software packages and secure systems and information management systems that enable him/her to provide direct support to acquisition managers and analysts using NMIC IT capability to effectively and efficiently pursue analyses of data as a part of the overall program oversight function including adherence to approved schedules, achievement of major milestones, adhering to ceiling controls and targeted costs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease with both telephone and in-person contacts.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient with oral and written communication (e-mail and navy correspondence), including preparation of minutes and short documents. Ability to listen to APM level acquisition managers and staff to ascertain needs. Ability to identify, teach and demonstrate IT and SharePoint applications to satisfy the need and ability to follow-up with individual clients to ensure the proposed solution did, in fact, satisfy the need.
- Proficiency in MS Sharepoint, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and experience with CDMS
- Ability to update website regularly using iNAVY Sharepoint Portal.
- Ability to perform word processing, database, and accounting functions including some troubleshooting and system updating. Ability to work independently.
Clearance: Active Secret clearance required.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.