PMS 415 Engineer III (position supports capture effort)
Job Description: Cydecor is looking for an Engineer III to provide technical and engineering support services to Team Submarine’s 415 Program Office. Team Submarine provides improved communication among the various offices that contribute to the design, acquisition, maintenance, and support of the World’s finest submarine force. It fosters accurate decision making via more and higher-fidelity information on the multifaceted challenges that arise through translating Washington directives into Fleet implementation.
Job Responsibilities :
- Apply engineering disciplines to technically support development of new and existing Naval capabilities and systems, develop significant alterations to existing systems, integrate and interface existing equipment or software into different applications or platforms to support the warfighter, and the evaluation of foreign or non-developmental systems, equipment, and technologies.
- Utilize models, including emulators, prototypes, simulators, either statically or over time, to develop data as a basis for Government managerial, technical, strategic, or tactical decisions.
- Provide engineering support to record, analyze, summarize, and report government and contractor test data.
- Apply engineering, scientific, and analytical disciplines necessary to ensure that developed platforms, systems, and warfighting capabilities have been properly tested and that joint interoperability requirements have been fully met at all levels of their life cycle.
- Apply engineering and analytical disciplines to identify, document, and verify the functional, performance, and physical characteristics of systems, to control changes and non-conformance, and to track actual configurations of systems and platforms.
- Provide engineering support to record, analyze, summarize, and report government and contractor test data provided as GFI.
- Provide installation support for shipyard and dockside systems installation.
- Perform, review, and analyze feasibility, rough order of magnitude, and concept studies using data provided as GFI.
- Bachelor’s level degree in any engineering discipline required.
- 7 years of professional experience in engineering required.
- 10+ years of experience with Navy acquisition and/or In-Service Programs desired.
- Experience leading a project and interfacing with an end item customer desired.
- 5+ years of experience working with Navy Torpedo Defense programs desired.
- Active SECRET security clearance required.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.