Provide strategic analysis and well-integrated/coordinated support for the DDG-1000 Program in accordance with Department of Defense program management and Acquisition oversight policies and strategies.
- Review, develop, and update program specifications, guidance documents and technical documentation.
- Prepare briefs, outlines, draft reports and publications and documentation to support Flag level technical and financial briefings/meetings and major milestone decisions.
- Maintain daily liaison with DDG-1000 Section Head and Deputy.
- Maintain a strong relationship and open communication with the NAVSEA program offices, Fleet commands and related government activities and industries under contract to NAVSEA programs, Fleet commands and associated Program Offices.
- Draft white papers, concept papers, technical reports, meeting summaries, or other material that document results meetings or analyses, and/or pertinent issues relating to Defense Planning Guide activities.
- Participate in acquisition processes involving DDG-1000 systems to include Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) processing and Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) management.
- Review acquisition strategies and plans. Communicate program objectives to key high-level officials and project officers in those organizations that support the section programs. Drafts formal presentations and high level briefings to support and defend programming proposals.
- Provide consultation to N96, and OPNAV staff on impact and risks for program/system changes on resource plans and requirements.
- Identify and manage the resource requirements needed to develop and maintain the DDG-1000 Program.
- Maintain and execute continuous interface with granted funds to determine compliance and support of requirements.
- Participate in management meetings held for the purpose of deciding whether to modify or initiate a new program or project, to make suggestions for possible alternatives or options that should be considered before beginning modifications or to initiate action.
- Provide recommendations regarding requirements and assist in the evaluation and impact determination of Analysis of Alternative Reports.
- Develop methods for securing the kind of data needed to assure that management will be able to effectively develop and/or execute various phases of the program/project.
- Monitor programs and projects to measure progress towards reaching objectives in an effective and economical manner.
- Assist in the development of proposals for POM budget cycles. Identify, integrate and coordinate DDG-1000 requirements into the POM cycle.
- Support cost and schedule performance reviews.
- Develop individual and unique program performance metrics to include review and analyses of schedules, funding profiles, and fielding profiles.
- Prepare and track Milestone documentation.
- Maintain and track internal and external taskers.
- Participate in System Requirements Reviews and provide recommendations/resolutions to issues and actions.
- Attend and provide support to Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Special Advisory Boards, and off sites.
- Participate in Government/Contractor meetings as well as other interagency government meetings as required.
- Attend conferences as the N96 Navy representative on all Surface Warfare programs.
- Minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience required.
- Experience performing operational functions, including assessing implementation of defined requirements associated to the mission and subsequently developing plans to better meet those requirements.
- Experience developing and managing ongoing program requirements based on planning guidance issued by various DoD leaderships.
- Experience assessing historical and current program performance in relation to mission objectives and analyzing the effects of developmental plans and/or new technologies on all factors associated to the mission.
- Abiity to interact with senior leadership within affiliated organization.
- Proficient in MS Office 2010 including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Access and Adobe Acrobat.
- SECRET Clearance
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.