- Provide direct support to the PMS340 lead BFM, including preparing documents in ERP; assisting with the preparation of execution plans, budget estimates, and monthly QER’s; and researching old contracts and preparing paperwork to identify funds to be de-obligated from expiring contracts.
- Work to identify all documents that have expiring funds by completing tri annual reports and initiating actions to recoup funds.
- Prepare required reports that identify all Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) obligations and expenditures.
- Train with PMS340 financial team to develop a more in-depth knowledge and understanding of budgetary policies, procedures, and regulations and gain a thorough understanding of the systems acquisition, integration, and milestone review process.
- Pursue formal education by enrolling within the web-based Defense Acquisition University program to persistently and continuously ensure knowledge and program management skills in line with current practices and consistent with the FAR and applicable legislative guidance.
- Directly responsible to PMS 340 MPM to serve as immediate administrative aid.
- Assume ownership of the PM calendar and to ensure it is current and complete and that it includes timely insertions associated with meetings, conference calls, travel, agenda items with identification of relative priority of each scheduled appointment
- Ensure documents bearing on scheduled meetings, conference calls, travel etc. are received and put in proper order for the Captain’s review prior to the scheduled event
- Preparation and routing of any material that is to be provided to members of key meetings chaired by the MPM
- Coordination with key staff, consultants and contractors supporting initiatives of concern to the MPM to ensure briefed prior to key meetings.
- Work directly with MPM to ensure officer fitness reports are initiated and completed in manner consistent with the internal procedures and guidance promulgated via the formal commend chain
- Team with the administrative staff person stationed at the front desk in the reception area to assist in performing other duties to ensure cohesive coverage of essential administrative tasks.
- Coordinate with all concerned to ensure security clearances are current, the telecommunication support equipment is sufficient to accommodate needs, and that clearance levels are in line with work requirements.
- Experience assisting with general administrative tasks, task tracking, and travel arrangements.
- Has performed simple updates to existing procedures, processes, technical, models and/or systems related to management problems which would require a report.
- Experience in updating, correcting, entering commentary into briefs
- Experience creating and distributing calendars
- Experience in compiling capturing action items during meetings
- Knowledge of Navy fitness report system, i.e., forms and processes
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and one year of specialized experience: Associate's degree and two years of specialized experience; or four years of specialized experience with no degree.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal guidance is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and significant knowledge using the Microsoft Office application suite is required.
- Must have ability to multi-task and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of Department of Navy and/or DoD organization(s).
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.