Business Financial Analyst
|Location:||DC - Washington Navy Yard 20376|
|Project Name:||NAVSEA PMS 408|
Senior Business Financial Analyst
Job Description: This position provides Lead Business and Financial Analyst contract support to the SEA 06 EXM (PMS 408) Program Management Office.
· Identifies resources required to carry out program/project objectives
· Prepares and coordinates Program Objective Memorandum (POM) issue papers with OPNAV and PMS 408 BFM leadership
· Integrates events in acquisition cycle with DoD Planning, Programming, and Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES) cycle
· Uses approved schedules as basis for inputs to budgets and other exhibits needed to obtain financial support. Makes budget evaluations (e.g., apportionments, long-term financial expenditure projections) to influence program/project plans
· Presents and defends budget exhibits and estimates. Maintains and retains documents and files for audit trail and records
· Perform work for or advise acquisition programs with multiple appropriations using a variety of automated systems for budget administration
· Performs budget formulation and cost estimating functions, to include presenting and defending budget estimates; reviewing and evaluating budget requests and controls throughout the various cycles of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES)
· Evaluates costs and benefits for implementing required policies to ensure effective and efficient use of funds to reach program goals
· Uses Program Budget Information System (PBIS) to coordinate and administer program business and financial planning and budget formulation, submission, justification and execution services based on programming and budgeting guidance and constraints
· Work may include development, determination and interpretation of budgetary policies and practices as well as use of multiple financial systems such as ERP, STARS, PRISMS, COBRA and AUTODOC in the performance of these functions
· Responsible for financial management including: Implementation and daily execution consisting of development of oversight controls and reviewing, evaluating, measuring and tracking status.
· Coordinates, prepares, submits and tracks funding documents using the Navy ERP system.
· Monitors and reports on obligation and expenditure status to ensure established DoN Financial Management Board (FMB) benchmarks are met
· Ensures funds are available and properly and efficiently used to support program objectives
· Prepares and submits documentation to reconcile program disbursements and other related issues
· Reports obligations and expenditures throughout the various cycles of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES)
· Monitors financial plan performance against program objectives, obligation and expenditure data
· Reviews and analyzes supporting activities and stakeholder conformance with plans and schedules and works with the lead BFM to resolve problems, conflicts and controversial issues.
· Acts as the quick reaction response coordinator for urgent and non-routine financial management/budget matters that affect/impact assigned programs
· Develops declarative reports as required as well as program reports to higher-echelon offices.
· Maintains awareness of changes in budget execution and procedures
· Analyzes and directs work in multiple phases of acquisition using knowledge in the application of related laws, policies and procedures, methods and techniques of budgeting, funds execution and financial systems to support budget administration for assigned programs
· Coordinates with the PMS 408 BFM regarding providing inputs and responses to Government Accountability Office (GAO) audits, Congressional actions, Navy FMB questions, and Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) inquiries
· Coordinates responses to call/QAs/Marks from SEA 01, FMB, OSD/ Congress
· Coordinates Reclamas: Identify the impact/Build a solid case that is defendable
· Develops draft POM inputs/briefs
· Provides financial data for the Program Management Review (PMR) and other briefings
· Provides monthly Obligation/Expenditure report to PM/DPM
- Ensure comments for under execution
- Issue(s) and mitigation plan
Clearance: SECRET clearance
Geography: Washington Navy Yard, Washington DC
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results