Job Description: Provides technical expertise in managing a Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) network environment. Monitors, installs, and upgrades Windows and Linux servers. Applies network system updates, patches, and configuration changes in consultation with the Sr. Network Systems Engineer. Collaborates with the Sr. Network Systems Engineer and developers to ensure network environment meets security and performance requirements. Maintains software, network, and security configuration logs. Executes routine maintenance, backup and restore processes, and ensures high availability of client’s web applications.
- Monitor and ensure availability and security of a cloud network environment.
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause of AWS network issues including but not limited to: DNS, firewalls, routing tables, access control lists, subnets, and virtual instances.
- Rapidly troubleshoot network outages or connectivity concerns.
- Maintain VPN configuration and management, troubleshooting any connectivity issues, in consultation with Sr. Network Systems Engineer.
- Perform scheduled backups, snapshots, and server restores.
- Advise network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Maintain a current record of server software licenses and installs.
- Be available for occasional off-hour troubleshooting, maintenance, or installations.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering, Network Administration, Information Technology, or a related field. In lieu of a degree, possess four years of additional experience with relevant certifications or training in Network Engineering, Network Administration, or Computer Security.
- 2+ years of experience installing, maintaining, securing, and monitoring local and wide area networks.
- Experience with network and/or systems administration in theWindows environment, including administration of Windows 2008r2 and 2012, SQL Server, and IIS.
- Experience and knowledge of Advanced TCP/IP networking knowledge including security, addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivated, professional, and a good communicator.
- Prior experience with AWS IaaS, including VPC and network structure, IAM-based security models, logging and auditing, and remote access infrastructure is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of FedRAMP requirements is strongly preferred.
- Experience configuring network access controls that employ Common Access Card (CAC) security protocols is strongly preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.