Job Description: Work directly with the NAVSEA 06 Chief of Staff to provide direct assistance to the leadership staff concerning a myriad of administrative functions critical to effective and efficient management of the NAVSEA 06 organization.
- Prepare formal correspondence, adhering to Navy policy guidance.
- Co-ordinate general administrative matters with the various organizational entities within the NAVSEA 06 infrastructure and overall NAVSEA community.
- Ensure calendars for Director and Deputy Director NAVSEA 06 are current.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing correspondence and taskers are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Ensure read ahead material for scheduled meeting is prepared and available for planned meetings – within and external – at least 24 hours of the respective meeting.
- Ensure CONUS / OCONUS travel and follow-on claims are arranged using DTS to include reservation, conference approval and that visit requests are provided as necessary.
- Review, update and issue procedural documents in line with NAVSEA policy documents to ensure administrative functions are operating smoothly.
- Review and improve tracking and tickler systems to ensure proper tracking of documents within SEA 06 and among PMS 340 and PMS 408 to ensure efficient and timely action on action items.
- Ensure minutes are prepared, distributed and properly filed for scheduled meetings.
- Support the personnel, budget administration, financial management, procurement and other logistic management functions as necessary to ensure overall processing are functioning seamlessly.
- Conduct reviews at the direction of the Chief of Staff, Director or Deputy Director as necessary designed to resolve or improve operations.
- Perform Flag writer / executive administrative functions as requested by the Director / Deputy Director.
- Provide assistance, as necessary, to improve electronic communications, resolution of security matters and information management including adherence to share-point utilization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Public Administration preferable.
- Prior military service, particularly with the US Navy a plus.
- Minimum five years of experience performing professional administrative management functions within the DoD, DON or NAVSEASYSCOM.
- Direct Experience functioning in an executive administrative support role at the Flag Officer / SES level.
- Proficiency in MS Office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to accomplish job duties independently and efficiently.
- Competency to surge in workload as required by client and contract driven needs.
- Proven ability to interface and coordinate with numerous stakeholders, interested or affiliated parties, and clients.
Geography: Washington Navy Yard
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.