Logistics Specialist (Journeyman) - Post Delivery Support
Job Responsibilities: The NAVSEA PMS 500 - Logistics Specialist (Journeyman) - Post Delivery Support will assist the DDG-1000 program office (PMS500) with services pertaining to operations, production engineering, acquisition management, fleet introduction, logistics, and special studies
- Provide strategic planning support to develop, initiate and implement initiatives, project plans, and products that can be leveraged to direct, facilitate and identify solutions for the execution to meet program goals and objectives.
- Monitor Program schedules for potential and actual changes and advise the Government of alternatives with impact assessments and, if required, provide mitigation methods.
- Assist in performing program monitoring and control efforts, including critical path management; forecasting upcoming and recurring DDG 1000 Program events; planning and preparation for critical events; and establishment and implementation of other control methods tailored to requirements. Develop milestone charts, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and schedules/timelines.
- Assess ship production workload and capacity.
- Evaluate shipyard manning profiles to identify manning shortfalls by trade and assess impact on production schedule.
- Review, track and assess Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Government Furnished Information (GFI) schedules and deliveries.
- Assist in assessing impact of late GFE deliveries and developing workarounds to mitigate production impact.
- Support functions in support of new construction shipboard testing, compartment completion inspections, certifications, and trials.
- Manage team calendars, phone calls, logistics and support of the day-to-day activities of PMS 500.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- NAVSEA RCM Level I and II certifications required
- DAWIA - Level I Logistics Certification preferred
- Five (5) or more years of Navy management experience required, specifically: Five (5) years of supervisory experience in analyses, information systems, and implementation of Navy ACAT1 acquisition logistic projects assisting with logistics strategy and process development, implementation, and control
- US Citizenship required
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance at the SECRET level.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.