Senior Network Systems Engineer
- Designs, plans, and maintains network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Conducts cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network design. Responsible for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options. Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network.
- Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Maintains and keeps current a record of server software licenses and installs.
- May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff
- Bachelor’s degree required or eight years of additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in configuring, managing, and securing a network environment to include: the design and build of network infrastructures, implementation of server virtualization techniques, implementation of data security and compliance measures, optimizing servers to meet computing demands, implementing cloud computing configurations, monitoring and managing cloud operations, and supervising the cloud environment and network operations.
- Experience with AWS IaaS, including VPC and network structure, IAM-based security models, logging and auditing, managing a network Unified Threat Management system, including remote access infrastructure.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Possess experience configuring network access controls that employ Common Access Card (CAC) security protocols.
- Possess experience in the FEDRAMP cloud environment implementing production web, database, and email systems.
- Possess at least two years of experience within the past five (5) years working with SBIR/STTR programs data management requirements.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.