Cydecor is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to provide management support services to the Future Naval Capabilities (FNC) program on-site at the Office of Naval Research (ONR) in Arlington, VA. As the primary delivery-oriented S&T program at ONR, the delivery and transition of high priority FNC products are critical to the closure of S&T capability shortfalls. This position will require extensive liaison with the requirements, acquisition, and fleet/force communities and to monitor its S&T delivery commitments.
The range of support services this position requires includes analysis, complex planning, and policy and programmatic support actions that require frequent interaction with flag and SES managers. Support services must be rendered in a team environment, and ensuring FNC Program excellence is considered the top priority. Effective and efficient management of the FNC Program is a significant factor in the external organization perception of ONR. Rigorous high quality work is required in all task areas.
- Draft new policy guidance for the administration and management of the FNC Program. It can include items such as FNC Business Rules, Technology Transition Agreement (TTA) guidance, ONR Instructions for Management of the FNC Program, and a variety of other technical items.
- Interface with all FNC execution teams to disseminate information, explain FNC Program guidance and requirements and resolve specific issues related to the technical management of approved or planned FNC program investments.
- Prepare FNC Program briefings for a variety of purposes such as program overview briefings for external organizations, foreign navies, and congressional committees.
- Complete data extractions and analysis for special purpose inquires, usually in response to external DoD/Navy requests.
- Respond to senior management inquiries and demands for information on an urgent basis that requires high priority, rapid response reactions.
- Prepare and analyze FNC product transition data to determine the extent to which ONR’s approved FNC products have transitioned as planned. Transition reports, Transition Review Board (TRB) data and appropriate Program of Record (POR) information would be used to assemble statistics on FNC transitions, examine the success of current transition planning processes and identify issues that significantly hinder transitions as currently planned.
- Organize, maintain, and update FNC electronic records.
- Serve as the external information liaison and clearing house for dissemination of FNC Program information to external organizations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education - Graduate degree in science or engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge requirements – Extensive knowledge of technology development, military requirements, systems, and operations is required. The candidate should have experience in conducting technology research, analysis, and road-mapping.
- Experience - 15 years of experience in a related S&T discipline. A minimum of 5-years of specific S&T technical experience in the management support, planning and execution of the FNC program or similar technology transition programs are required.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.