Consolidated Investment Group, a premier investment management company comprising of more than $1 billion in assets who has had an extraordinary record of success and a reputation for collaboration and partnership; a depth of knowledge and experience; and a history of finding opportunities is seeking an Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Manager reports to the senior controller and is responsible for providing accurate and timely monthly investment reporting packages including the financial dashboard of key performance indicators (KPI’s) and other benchmarking as required to manage Wall Street, Real Estate, Philanthropic and other operating/investment entities. Additionally, is responsible for Chart of Account maintenance, on-line banking program and banking relationships in a family office that includes multiple legal entities.
- Prepares monthly Executive Summary dashboard with KPI’s for Wall Street, Real Estate, Philanthropic Investment results. Prepares weekly dashboards update on Investment results and reviews remainder of KPI Dashboard and distributes package to CoreTeam.
- Project Lead and department expert for Addepar system, including reports, portal view, and system documentation of processes.
- Special project lead for new software solutions such as Business Intelligence and other department process improvement initiatives.
- Review monthly reporting for Israel entities. Resolve questions.
- Back up for Investment Accounting including Cash projection and partnership accounting. Backup coverage as needed for Corporate Accounting and PE Manager and Finance Manager.
- Participates in departmental meetings for Ex Summary review
- Assists with the documentation of company accounting policies and procedures
- COA Maintenance -Maintain Master COA, add new accounts, and update when new accounts are added (GP, Master COA listing, and Mgmt. Reporter)
- Primary Accounting liaison for IT questions on GP security issues and Mgmt Reporter questions.
- Primary Accounting support and IT contact for Papersave.
- Primary responsibility for non-RE insurance (excluding Workers Comp). Includes Management liability and crime coverages for all companies..
- Administrator for the online-banking program CEO and JPM Access.
- Prepares consolidated reports and manages consolidated reporting tree in Great Plains software.
- Backup to Sr. Controller
- Tax return review work as needed
- Prepares ad-hoc financial analysis as requested by management
- Assists with designing reports in Great Plains
- Assists the financial reporting manager and senior controller as needed
- Special projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, minimum of 10 years’ general ledger accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Great Plains
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Knowledge of Investment Accounting
- Working knowledge of current accounting principles (GAAP, Tax and Cash Basis)
- Experience working with multiple entities and preparing consolidated financial reports
- Working knowledge of partnership and trust income taxes
- Understanding appropriate internal controls
- Strong technical skills
- Detail and results oriented
- Maintains a positive attitude and works well under pressure
- Strong verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Adept at managing multiple projects and tasks
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Reliable and displays high degree of integrity
- Self motivated
- Works effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- The ability to accept, promote and lead change within the work environment
- Effective in team oriented environment
- Great customer service skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.