We presently have an opportunity for a Vice President, Consumer Marketing. This position will oversee the management and development of marketing plans and advertising initiatives for The First Tee. This would include (but would not be limited to) live events, company initiatives, and projects connected to its affiliate network. This role will be responsible for the development and execution of cross-business marketing programs, consumer and trade advertising and promotional materials, interfacing with all external and internal resources, ensuring strategic and creative consistency across all lines of business.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- 10+ years’ experience in highly creative, fast-paced & complex marketing environment.
- Proven success in the creation and socialization of brand strategies.
- A leader with excellent marketing and creative abilities and judgment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to troubleshoot and provide successful resolutions.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Experienced brand manager.
- Significant consumer marketing experience which should include past involvement in the development and implementation of major marketing initiatives including consumer and trade advertising campaigns, promotions, and press activities.
- Proven track record of providing strategic and creative direction.
- Experience with a range of research methodologies and the ability to interpret this data.
- Experienced manager of staff.
- Ability to balance and prioritize numerous key projects.
- Makes diversity a part of everything.
- Minimum of 5+ years managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Collaborative and inclusive leader.
- Support CEO in the development and implementation of strategic plans to grow and promote The First Tee, its affiliate network and the overall game of golf with today’s kids (and families).
- Market the First Tee brand to consumers to generate exposure, increase engagement and drive awareness; utilizing all available platforms (e.g. linear, non-linear/social media, on-the-ground events, etc.).
- Write long-term (2-3 year) marketing plans for top strategic priorities.
- Direct and manage key initiatives across the company including brand creative, promotions marketing, events, digital marketing and large-scale campaigns across our affiliate network.
- Build consumer advertising campaigns.
- Create “tentpole” event plans for key priorities and initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal (and external) departments and key executives to create strategically. interactive campaigns that build awareness and engage target audiences with our marketing messages.
- Ensure that marketing goals, user insights, industry trends, diversity and inclusion, and best practices are incorporated into all campaign components.
- Responsibly maintain overall marketing budget, ensuring effective and economical allocation of resources.
- Find non-traditional means of reaching new diverse audiences in a cost-efficient manner.
The First Tee is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit youth development organization whose mission is to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf. The First Tee reaches young people on golf courses, in elementary schools, and at other youth-serving locations.
Since its inception in 1997, The First Tee has introduced the game of golf and its values to more than 10.5 million young people in all 50 United States and select international locations. The First Tee’s Founding Partners are LPGA, the Masters Tournament, PGA of America, PGA TOUR and the USGA. Shell Oil Company is The First Tee’s Founding Corporate Partner and Johnson & Johnson is its Legacy Partner. Former President George W. Bush serves as honorary chair.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive wages including performance bonuses.
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee 401(k) with employer contributions
- Health Savings Account/Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- Membership to TPC Sawgrass
The First Tee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/AAP