We presently have an opportunity for a Vice President, Consumer Research. This position will be responsible for managing all Consumer Insight Research for The First Tee and its affiliate network. In this role, you will lead a team to support quantitative and qualitative research to help The First Tee understand the attitudes, lifestyles, and behaviors of our target audience to inform business strategy. You will be responsible for conducting research and relevancy of our brand, its affiliates among kids and families as well as provide key insights about golf, its competitors, and the overall relationship of the sport to our target audience.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in applied research, preferably in the media, sports and/or entertainment industry.
- Experience in applied research with respect to children ages 2-11 is a must
- Minimum of 5+ years managerial experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Collaborative and inclusive leader
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to troubleshoot and provide successful resolutions.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Overseeing research monitoring brand perceptions and affinity for The First Tee.
- Oversee lifestyle and attitudinal research that informs consumer expertise within The First Tee, including preschoolers, school age kids, teens and parents.
- Effectively manage a team that is responsible for ongoing research to support key businesses across LOBs (Lines of Business).
- Conceive and implement strategic consumer research business initiatives.
- Point person for Senior management to handle questions, objections, and provide insight on today kid (and family) market.
- Initiate and manage projects from conception to delivery. Includes hiring and managing outside vendors who execute the research on our behalf.
- Be a thought leader on the subject kids (and families) with a particular emphasis on sport(s).
- Moderate research groups.
- Communicate demonstrable knowledge of the value of the family space as a whole, as well as the television and entertainment industry at large, e.g.; policy and technology developments.
- Identify and uphold research best practices and quality standards, ensuring that all research is objective, accurate and meets research quality standards.
The First Tee is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit youth development organization whose mission is to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf. The First Tee reaches young people on golf courses, in elementary schools, and at other youth-serving locations.
Since its inception in 1997, The First Tee has introduced the game of golf and its values to more than 10.5 million young people in all 50 United States and select international locations. The First Tee’s Founding Partners are LPGA, the Masters Tournament, PGA of America, PGA TOUR and the USGA. Shell Oil Company is The First Tee’s Founding Corporate Partner and Johnson & Johnson is its Legacy Partner. Former President George W. Bush serves as honorary chair.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive wages including performance bonuses.
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee 401(k) with employer contributions
- Health Savings Account/Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- Membership to TPC Sawgrass
The First Tee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/AAP