Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job -- it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
Travelzoo has an immediate opening for an experienced Publisher to oversee the Top 20 Newsletter, the company’s flagship editorial product. This is a senior role responsible for collaborating with multiple departments to produce, approve and deliver deals that inspire and delight our members. Candidates for this position should possess a strong editorial background, leadership experience and a passion for publishing quality travel and lifestyle content in a clear, concise and honest voice.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Publish Top 20 Newsletter and oversee digital content delivery strategy across email, website and mobile platforms.
• Collaborate with Production and Sales teams to develop value-driven deals Travelzoo members love.
• Monitor Top 20 Newsletter analytics and engagement to maximize campaign performance.
• Strategize with Production, Sales and Product planning teams to ensure members receive the most relevant offers in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with the Head of Production to develop writing workshops and ongoing training opportunities for Production staff.
• 4-year degree in journalism or related field
• 10+ years of publishing, editing/writing and digital media experience
• Familiarity with the travel industry, trends and companies
• Combination of strong creative and analytical skills
• Excellent written, editing and proofreading skills
• A passion for publishing quality travel and lifestyle content in an authentic voice
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with stakeholders across the company
• Ability to manage time and multi-task under tight deadlines
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• 401(k) plan
• Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
• Travel perks, including an annual stipend and extra vacation days to experience Travelzoo's deals