Travelzoo is seeking a Contract Systems Administrator will work directly with the network, engineering, and systems administration teams to ensure the highest level of performance and availability of our public facing infrastructure.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide a support role in the day-to-day operations of a 24/7 high traffic web environment as well as assist and plan new build-outs and initiatives.
- Maintenance and configuration of servers and other equipment.
- Analysis and performance tuning of Linux and IIS server farms, MySQL and MS SQL clusters, JIRA and Confluence
- Analysis and performance tuning of Backup system, Smart host and Disaster Recovery Environment
- Programming and automation of system processes, deployments and infrastructure management.
- Design, configure and report on server and systems monitoring, backups and utilization.
- General scripting, automation and troubleshooting of systems and web applications.
- Aid in coordinating all incident response events from detection to final remediation.
- 3+ years Systems administration experience in a high-performance, high-availability Apache/Tomcat, Smart host and IIS web environment.
- Linux installation/administration experience
- Advanced working knowledge of DNS, SMTP, MySQL, Postfix, Smart host, IIS6&7, SQL2008.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and other Atlassian products, VMware ESXi, Backup system (Veritas Backup Exec)
- Light scripting knowledge.
- Experience supporting a high traffic website in a 24/7 environment
- Hands-on experience with full site deployments from the planning/design stages to full implementation
- Experience with Linux server configuration automation tools and automating processes
- Experience supporting a fiber switched SAN environment, 3Par preferred
- Experience managing and supporting monitoring infrastructure (SumoLogic and Hobbit/Xymon)
- HP blade/chassis administration experience preferred
- Cisco CCNA or ideally CCNP certification or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Cisco routing/switching and firewall solutions,F5 Load balancers, Application Security Module (ASM), Cisco ASA and Cisco ISE.
- Strong fundamentals in networking protocols such as TCP/UDP, IP, IPSEC, EIGRP, DNS
- Experience in managing and supporting Windows Server Environment (2008R2, 2012R2, Active Directory, DHCP, WSUS, DFSR, IIS, etc.)
- Experiencing administering VMware Virtual Environment (vCenter, vSphere 6.0, 5.5, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage mission critical, highly visible infrastructure projects to completion.
- Not essential but ideally experienced with CUCM/VOIP, VPN encryption technologies, modern switching platforms, and firewalls including policy implementation and capacity management
- Not essential but ideally have some MS Azure experience especially with on-prem migration and or Azure Site Recovery