Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
Travelzoo is seeking a Marketing Manager, Social Media that will focus on creation and distribution of social content, diversifying social channels, and working with the analytics director to further enhance member experience and Travelzoo’s brand through the management of a cross-channel social content calendar. Our Marketing Team champions the Travelzoo brand and supports our position as the world’s leading publisher of travel deals.
The Marketing Specialist, Social Media will be responsible for specifically for executing social media efforts to increase brand awareness, impressions, and engagement. This person will support the Director of Acquisition, to maximize the engagement of existing customers. This person will also ensure content is on-brand, message-aligned, and support broader awareness building goals to position Travelzoo as the leader in travel expertise and content creation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Continuously improve by working with the Analytics director to capture and analyze the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then act on the information
- Write on-brand, platform-specific copy to drive engagement from our audience
- Constantly sync with Travelzoo’s larger marketing team for campaign alignment
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer comments
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
- Sort and maintain a library of relevant content that can be used across the company
- At least 3+ years of experience within social media community management
- Passion for travel, tourism industry experience a plus
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and analytics tools
- Demonstrate participation in a wide variety of social media activities
- High standard and level of expertise of interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proactive with a results-oriented mentality
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; MBA preferred
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) plan
- Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
- Travel perks, including an annual stipend and extra vacation days to experience Travelzoo's deals
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!