Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job - it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
This position is based in Shanghai .
- The Web Developer will work closely with our management and IT team to develop functions and features tailored for specific local markets
- Awareness of Location Based Services, uses of GPS in connection with cell phones and related technologies would be a plus.
- At a minimum a Bachelor of Science in Informatics or higher degree
- Work experience acquired in an online media company or similar fast paced environment
- Keen understanding and interest in the China ecommerce market and its latest development
- Proficiency in Web Application Development in Visual Basic, NET, C #, ASP.NET(MVC, Web API, Web Form), MS-SQL
- Programming languages : HTML, CSS, XML, Java Script and AJAX
- Hands-on experience in mobile devices and social media
- Internet advertising practices such as: click/impression tracking, web behavior, logging/optimization
- Knowledge in SEO and localization would be an advantage
- Self-motivated team player able to work well with pan Asian and international teams
- Strong sense of responsibility and eagerness to learn
- Willingness to pitch in as needed whether in Development or Systems Administration
Additional ideal skills:
Knowledge of client AND server side Microsoft Windows products: Windows Server, Active Directory, MS-SQL-Server, IIS (Internet Information Server), Google mashups, web-services, Service Oriented Architectures, SMTP and legitimate mail sending, large scale systems for met-search, travel industry systems and applications, Internet media publishing systems and applications, leading edge debugging tools, integrated development environments, and Usability/User Interface Engineering.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent international career opportunities in a dynamic, high-growth industry.
- Central and attractive office locations.
- Global mentoring opportunities.
- Exciting and fast-paced work environment.