Travelzoo is seeking a Systems Administrator will work directly with the network, engineering, and systems administration teams to ensure the highest level of performance and availability of our public facing infrastructure.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide a support role in the day-to-day operations of a 24/7 high traffic web environment as well as assist and plan new build-outs and initiatives.
- Maintenance and configuration of servers and other equipment.
- Analysis and performance tuning of Linux and IIS server farms, MySQL and MS SQL clusters, JIRA and Confluence
- Analysis and performance tuning of Backup system, Smart host and Disaster Recovery Environment
- Programming and automation of system processes, deployments and infrastructure management.
- Design, configure and report on server and systems monitoring, backups and utilization.
- General scripting, automation and troubleshooting of systems and web applications.
- Aid in coordinating all incident response events from detection to final remediation.
- 3+ years Systems administration experience in a high-performance, high-availability Apache/Tomcat, Smart host and IIS web environment.
- Linux installation/administration experience
- Advanced working knowledge of DNS, SMTP, MySQL, Postfix, Smart host, IIS6&7, SQL2008.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and other Atlassian products, VMware ESXi, Backup system (Veritas Backup Exec)
- Light scripting knowledge.
- Experience supporting a high traffic website in a 24/7 environment
- Hands-on experience with full site deployments from the planning/design stages to full implementation
- Experience with Linux server configuration automation tools and automating processes
- Experience supporting a fiber switched SAN environment, 3Par preferred
- Experience managing and supporting monitoring infrastructure (SumoLogic and Hobbit/Xymon)
- HP blade/chassis administration experience preferred
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) plan
- Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
- Travel perks, including an annual stipend and extra vacation days to experience Travelzoo's deals
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!