Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job -- it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
We are seeking a Financial Controller to join our team to lead key aspects of our global financial close and the corporate budgeting and forecasting. This role will report to the CFO and is be a key member of the Finance & Accounting organization, which is responsible for corporate accounting and tax, internal and external reporting, budgets, forecasts and financial controls.
• Providing oversight and review to the accounting operations team, including performing detailed review of the consolidated financial close and financial statements.
• Leading the efforts in managing the external and internal auditors, including project management and clearing key accounting conclusions.
• Facilitate SOX program updates, including internal and external testing and assessment of deficiencies in controls.
• Partnering with financial controllers and global process owners to create, update or clarify global financial policies.
• Preparing the annual operating budget, as well as periodic forecasts, and budget versus actual analyses.
• Preparing Audit Committee and Board presentations.
• Assisting with special corporate financial projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting or Finance preferred), CPA preferred
• +10 years of accounting and reporting background
• Experience with Oracle Financials, Adaptive Planning and Workiva software
• Solid analytical skills, data analysis and problem-solving abilities
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and confident in dealing with people at all organizational levels
• Competitive salary
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• 401(k) Plan
• Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
• Travel perks, including an annual stipend and extra vacation days to experience one of Travelzoo's deals
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!