Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job -- it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
We are seeking an Accountant to join our team to assist with our monthly and quarterly accounting close processes and reporting. This Accountant will be a key member of the Finance & Accounting organization, which is responsible for corporate accounting, internal and external reporting, budgets, forecasts and financial controls.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly accounting close process; including account reconciliations, journal entries and bank reconciliations
- Analyze and develop internal weekly, monthly and ad-hoc operational reports on key performance metrics
- Prepare and process payments (checks and EFT payments)
- Update and add vendor information into accounting software and 1099 maintenance
- Respond to vendor inquiries and internal inquiries
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- 1+ years of accounting experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Oracle Financials a plus
- Experience with Concur a plus
- Solid analytical skills, data analysis and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and confident in dealing with people at all organizational levels
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
- Travel perks, including an annual stipend and extra vacation days to experience one of Travelzoo's deals
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!