Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job -- it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
The Desktop Administrator is part of a global team that will support Travelzoo staff and offices worldwide. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial team player responsible for assisting in the effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of corporate hardware, software and related infrastructure.
The Desktop Administrator is accountable for the following systems: Windows 2008 Active Directory domain, including 2008 R2 and 2012 servers that support Travelzoo infrastructure and application systems.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Act as a front-line interface to users by monitoring and reacting to Service Desk tickets
• Troubleshoot technical issues and escalate complex problems to appropriate members of the team for resolution
• Install, configure, upgrade, maintain and support desktop systems based on SCCM sequencing
• Oversee inventory management of software and hardware components
• Set user access rights and permissions for users in terms of on premise Intranet and our Azure and Office 365 tenancy
• Perform repairs and replacements of software and hardware peripherals
• Develop and maintain training materials and systems documentation for educating end users and new IT staff
• Plan and execute allotted work within deadlines and maintain records of daily tasks
• 4-year college degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of 2 years previous experience in customer support, computer operations, system administration, or other related area
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to explain simple procedures in writing or verbally; good phone skills
• Working knowledge of system administration tools and processes; for example, ability to image a computer via SCCM, connect remotely to computers via TeamViewer, add and remove accounts, manage shared resources (e.g., file systems, printers)
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Medical, Vision and Dental
• 401(k) plan
• Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
• Travel perks, including an annual stipend and extra vacation days to experience Travelzoo’s deals
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!