Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ: TZOO), is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job - it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
Producers at Travelzoo are also known as the ultimate deal experts. They roll-up their sleeves and scour the world for the most outstanding deals, haggle for every last penny and write copy that, we think, even Hemingway would be proud of. Producers have a sixth-sense about deals. Their guts tell them if a deal is hot or not, and they know when to step in to help. Their instincts, smarts and sheer gusto make producers the ideal advocate for their colleagues – and of course for our 28 million subscribers worldwide.
If you are a great leader of people, have a passion for research, love to tell the world about outstanding travel deals, can write like an award-winning journalist and are looking for a fun and dynamic working environment then this is for you!
This position is based in Hong Kong.
- Responsible for video planning, shooting, editing, photo/image retouch and visual effect
- Assist in video pre-production: research, concept and storyboard
- Create various type of video contents for web site and social media channels
- Sources, researches and provides basic assessment of high-quality deal content
- Writes clear, concise, accurate and compelling deal copy in house style
- Identifies areas where content is lacking or needs more variety, then sources and develops deals to meet those needs
- Maintains quality and quantity of content in a given area of the website
- Develops general knowledge of all verticals of the travel industry
- Assists in maintaining quality of live content and liaising with clients and customer services to address issues
- Administrative and organisational skills to ensure clients’ media plans are executed accurately and on time
- Ensures that all inventory and Top 20 deadlines are adhered to
- Maintains consistent campaign follow-up and case study creation
- Pro-actively works with clients to advise and optimise all media and identify additional opportunities that may lead to increased spend
- Relentless research in pursuit of the deal
- Thoroughly review and test deals before recommending for publication
- Partner with sales team to nurture advertiser relationships
- Around 4 to 5 years of editorial experiences in media and advertising
- Preferable graduate from B.A./B.S. in Tourism, Hospitality
- Journalism, Communications (or any other related field)
- Proficient in Premiere, Final Cut Pro and good knowledge in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Passion and knowledge in travel
- Determined in doing travel & entertainment/lifestyle products research
- Determined and in doing research
- Good command written and verbal communications skills in Chinese and English
- Strong project-management, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Competitive salary package
- Excellent international career opportunities in a high growth company
- Exciting and fast paced work environment
- Ask about our travel perk!
Candidates with less experience will also be considered as Associate Producer