Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job -- it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
The Travelzoo Photo Department brings travel, entertainment and lifestyle deals to “life”. The Freelance Photo Editor is an experienced role that is both technical and editorial. The position requires a keen eye for travel, lifestyle and food photography.
Millions of Travelzoo members daydream of destinations and food through these images. Candidates should be interested in working behind the scenes in a high-volume, deadline-driven production environment. The position is based in Travelzoo’s Toronto office. This is a freelance, part-time role requiring 20 hours per week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Source photos and videos for web production, blog, and social media
• Prepare photos and videos for publication by correcting color, sizing, retouching and optimizing
• Manage requests to ensure daily and weekly deadlines are met
• Edit photos and videos to improve the overall quality and ensure consistency with Travelzoo brand standards
• Work alongside internal teams to ensure high quality images are obtained
• 3+ years of photo or relevant web production experience ideally in online media
• Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and other photo-related software
• Ability to remain calm under deadline pressure and collaborate with photo editors and producers
• Strong communication skills and an interest in working in a team minded atmosphere
• Understanding of current photo licensing and copyright standards
If you are a globally-minded professional who with thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work you!