Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job - it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
Travelzoo is seeking a General Manager to join our China office. Reporting to the President, Asia, the General Manager will be responsible for creating, building and managing Travelzoo’s China business
- Lead a shift in the Travelzoo culture to a membership-driven organization, putting the customer/members needs at the center of every decision.
- Participate in developing and implementing a strategic plan that supports Travelzoo’s revenue and membership driven goals, and communicate the plan to the staff to ensure support.
- Manage the P&L and analyze revenue, profit and cash flow opportunities and recommend actions.
- Enforce high-quality standards in everything from content curation to talent acquisition.
- Identify potential new commercial partnerships and implement an effective sales strategy to ensure sustained growth in China.
- Attract and recruit top talent, while retaining and developing existing talent.
- Oversee all planning, development and implementation of short and long-term budgets and projections, forecasts, and analysis of the financial impact.
- Manage professionals within marketing, sales and content management; work collaboratively with business services (Finance, IT, operations and HR) to ensure optimal cooperation between all functions.
- Oversee managers in their budgeting, accounting and reporting to appraise operating results in terms of costs, budget, operating policies and increased profit opportunities.
- Collaborate with General Managers across Travelzoo globally to share business insights.
- Set clear and challenging goals to drive improved performance and remain accountable for results.
- Become Travelzoo’s spokesperson in China, where appropriate and in coordination with the corporate group
- Degree-educated in business, marketing or any related discipline, MBA strongly preferred.
- Strong operating and general management credentials, ideally from the travel industry or a digitally driven business which has seen significant growth.
- Proven ability to thrive in a corporate culture that is consumer/membership focused.
- A high-performance focus, solid work ethic, entrepreneurial drive, energetic, and very hands-on (not purely a delegator).
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; has the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- Inspires trust through compelling influence, powerful charisma, passion, and transparency.
- Demonstrates mental and intellectual agility, business maturity, attention to detail and solid judgment.
- Impeccable personal integrity and business ethics.
- Brings gravitas, maturity, and exceptional leadership skills.
- Strong team player who values the contributions of others, and recognizes the value of diversity in background and opinions.
- A global mindset and international work experience is a plus.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent international career opportunities in a dynamic, high-growth industry.
- Central and attractive office locations.
- Global mentoring opportunities.
- Exciting and fast-paced work environment.
- Exceptional travel perk.