Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
Travelzoo has an immediate opening for a passionate Human Resources Manager with a comprehensive human resources background, including extensive coaching, talent development, recruiting and employee relations experience. This individual is based in Travelzoo’s Tokyo office but works closely with the Head of Human Resources and executive management to meet overall objectives.
- Collaborate with the Head of Human Resources and executive management to define and develop Travelzoo’s culture and organizational structure
- Assess and address employee morale
- Execute key human resources initiatives and ad-hoc organizational projects
- Inform senior management of significant organizational issues that could jeopardize the achievement of business objectives
- Assist with full-cycle recruiting efforts for various areas of the business, from entry-level to senior positions, with a focus in sales, production and other functions as required in Asia Pacific
- Degree Holder or above in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline
- 10+ years of combined human resources generalist and recruiting experience in a fast-paced, dynamic industry, preferably with an internet or media company
- 5+ years of recruiting experience specializing in filling sales, production and senior management level roles
- Recruitment agency experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as leadership skills
- An enthusiastic, personable team player with integrity and confidence
- An outstanding judge of character
- Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and demonstrated initiative
- Ability to handle pressure and manage multiple projects with frequently changing priorities
- A history of devising and executing creative approaches to strategic staffing
- Experience creating and sustaining a high performance, results-oriented, collaborative culture
- High professional and ethical standards; ability to maintain confidentiality
- A strong knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws
- An ability to travel to other Travelzoo offices and on company business, as needed
- A passion for Travelzoo’s products
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Global development and career advancement opportunities
- Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture
- The Travelzoo Experience, a unique travel perk for all employees!
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!