Travelzoo is seeking an experienced Mobile Product Development Manager to lead the product development of the company’s native apps for our global audience. The ideal candidate has a proven ability to successfully execute the product development lifecycle for iOS and Android.
This position can be based in either the company's San Francisco or Mountain View, CA office. Occasional travel between the offices is required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design, develop and adapt short- and long-term solutions related to mobile product development for iOS and Android applications
• Define, own and manage the mobile product roadmaps
• Resolve complex problems by working directly with engineers and the quality assurance team during development
• Lead all aspects of the apps’ product development cycle, including product discovery, stakeholder communication, requirements development, design iteration, bug triage and release
• Ability to work with and understand all kinds of stakeholders, from the CEO down to the newest intern, as well as external users of the apps
• 4-year college degree or foreign degree equivalent
• 4+ years of experience developing and managing mobile applications
• Passion for mobile, frequently downloading the newest apps and learning about emerging trends and mobile design patterns
• Understanding of and appreciation for the differences of mobile users in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America
• Data-driven approach with the ability to dive into the numbers to make decisions
• User-centric attitude with deep empathy for your users – even (especially) the less technically savvy ones
• Expert knowledge of iOS and Android, as well as the mobile application ecosystems (app store submission, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent global and leadership opportunities
• Outstanding benefits
• Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture
• The Travelzoo Experience, a unique benefit for Travelzoo employees!