Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job -- it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
The Hotel Operations Manager will be responsible to optimize the capability to provide the best possible pricing, availability, and user experience for the hotel product.
This person will work closely with key business stakeholders, most notably the hotel operations, product development and global technology teams. This person will also manage day-to-day relationships with external technology partners.
• Act as a subject matter expert on the hotel platform and drive business testing and overall implementation support for new projects and supply related operational processes.
• Manage the identification, validation, and prioritization process for supply related technology enhancements.
• Proactively identify and implement operational processes to improve supply availability and competitiveness.
• Support the onboarding of larger chains, management groups, and third party inventory sources to connect to our Hotel Platform and liaison for approvals and testing required to launch.
• Support hotel partners by providing training and answering questions on inventory connectivity, rates management, promotional deal capabilities, and booking related policies.
• Educate sales managers on rate mapping, rate parity, and rate distribution channels so they are able to speak intelligently to our hotel partners.
• Partner with Customer Service to work directly with hotels to troubleshoot any challenges as needed.
• 4 year college degree minimum
• 7+ years’ experience with hotel e-commerce, ideally within operations for an OTA, hotel revenue management, or a travel related company.
• Experience with product development a plus
• Detail-oriented, analytical, and customer service mentality
• Ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills; ability to maintain positive and professional demeanor when under pressure.
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• 401(k) plan
• Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
• Travel perks, including an annual stipend and extra vacation days to experience Travelzoo’s deals
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!