Solairus Aviation is currently searching for a full-time Client Aviation Manager (CAM) to lead a flight department in the Portsmouth area. The aircraft will fly approximately 350 hours per year. The ideal candidate will need to be a team player while seeking excellence in every aspect of their performance. Join a hardworking team who strive to safely and professionally meet the travel needs of our clients while adhering to Solairus’ unique culture of service, safety, and integrity.
- Supervises assigned personnel to ensure compliance with the policies and procedures contained in Solairus, FAA and other Manuals, as well as applicable regulations.
- Monitors the personal appearance, dress code, and conduct of all assigned personnel to achieve the highest standards.
- Maintains a current read and file of all Solairus Aviation memorandums.
- Coordinates, schedules and reviews applicable crew and maintenance personnel training with the appropriate training contractor.
- Coordinates all maintenance test, training and other flights not initiated by the client's normal scheduling system.
- Develops scheduling procedures with clients to promote reliable, efficient scheduling of aircraft.
- Approves and schedules through the flight coordinator Personal Time Off (PTO) for all assigned personnel.
- Updates the assigned flight coordinator regarding aircraft schedule changes and other matters that may affect the scheduling of aircraft and crews.
- Conducts meetings with all personnel to coordinate activities, identify problems, answer questions, pass information, and promote employee goodwill.
- Approves expense accounts for assigned personnel.
- Participates in the interview process of all assigned personnel to be employed by the operation.
- Solicits the Client Responsible Officer’s input and/or approval for all operational, personnel, and administrative issues of a substantive nature; Notifies the applicable Client Responsible Officer of anticipated needs for pilot relief.
- Submits written reports as required by the Operations Manuals with copies to the Client Responsible Officer.
- Revises all copies of manuals and publications assigned to aircraft.
- Maintains a Training Currency and Monthly Flight Time Record on each crewmember assigned to the account in accordance with the procedure detailed in the Solairus FOM.
- Ensures timely submission of training records, medicals, and other operations data to flight operations, as required.
- Promotes customer goodwill through high quality service and professional demeanor. Promotes the business reputation, the company image and goodwill of SOLAIRUS Aviation.
- Actively participates in the Safety Management System (SMS) implementation and initiatives and is familiar with SMS policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED:
PIC Total time = 4000 hours
Fixed wing = 4000 hours
PIC Time in Type = 500 hours
Time in Turbo Jet = 1000 hours
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS
A management background with a demonstrated track record of exceptional leadership skill is required to be considered for this position.
- NBAA CAM certification or other applicable leadership training.
- Experience in multiple facets of training for flight operations personnel.
- Budget development and management experience.
- College degree and/or advanced (non-flight) training.
- Interpersonal communication skills to coordinate activities, identify problems, answer questions, pass information, and promote department goodwill.
- Track record of working in (and contributing to the development of) one or more environments striving to implement and continually extend industry “best practices” in all facets of flight operations.
- Typed on CL605 or similar aircraft type (ie. CL604)
- First class medical required
- Must be able to work on an on-call basis
- Must be able to complete ICAO International procedures training annually
- Must be located or willing to relocate withing 2 hours of KPSM.
Solairus is a private aviation services company assisting aircraft owners with the safe, reliable, and efficient management and operation of their aircraft. Headquartered in the beautiful California Wine Country, Solairus Aviation is a destination employer offering nationwide operating bases, a stimulating work environment, and an array of modern benefits to employees. From profit sharing and a generous 401K matching structure to employee wellness programs and top-notch health benefits, Solairus firmly believes our team members are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing an exceptional employment experience.