The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintenance performed on assigned aircraft and ensuring compliance to Solairus Aviation’s policies and procedures regarding airworthiness standards. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance tracking, long term planning, scheduling and completion of maintenance events, and financial responsibility for costs incurred associated with maintenance operations. This position reports to the Director of Maintenance, and/or the Client Aviation Manager (CAM).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times. Must be able to sit, stand, and squat.
- Maintain a valid Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Implement the maintenance standards, methods, and procedures established by Solairus Aviation to ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations and company policies.
- Ensure the proper completion of maintenance logs and forms required for work in progress as well as work completed.
- Ensure that adequate tools, parts, materials, support equipment, and facilities are available to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Coordinate maintenance activities and events with the Manager of Maintenance Operations, Director of Maintenance, and CAM as required.
- Inspect and approve work completed by contract maintenance agencies under the authority of the Director of Maintenance.
- Coordinate maintenance training requirements with the director of Maintenance and/or CAM.
- Develop a budget outlining and projecting financial expenses related to aircraft maintenance, parts & labor, tooling, equipment and base facilities.
- Monitor and approve expenditures related to assigned aircraft.
- Undertake additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Maintenance and/or Manager of Maintenance Operations and CAM.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must hold a valid A&P Certificate.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Corporate Aircraft Maintenance Operations.
- Recent experience in similar type aircraft (6 months within the past 24 mos.).
- Be a highly motivated individual committed to Safety, Regulatory Compliance, and Operational Excellence.